ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

When Mark arrived at the kitchen he had turned on the light and grabbed a mug from the cupboard. Mark pulled out a tea bag from the pantry and poured water into a teapot. Once he had gotten the water in, he sat the pot on the stove and turned it on. After a couple minutes of waiting, the teapot made a noise signaling that it was done heating up, Mark sighed and turned off the stove.

"You sound worried son," he heard his father say from behind him. Mark jumped slightly in fright and turned around to see that his father was sitting at the kitchen table.

"Dad! Don't appear to me like that!" Exclaimed Mark. Mark's dad let out a small chuckle, sometimes he enjoyed seeing his son get scared. "Where have you been?" Mark placed the teabag in his mug and poured the hot water into it.

"I've been in this house watching over you, you just haven't seen me around because you've been focused on helping Sean go into the light," answers his dad. "How's that going by the way?"

"Well, I think we're one step closer to crossing Sean into the light, but something happened," says Mark as he took a seat on the kitchen chair.

"What's that son?" Asked his dad.

"Whatever else is in this house, it's doing everything in its power to keep us from solving this mystery," answered Mark. Mark looked at his father wondering if there was a chance his father would be able to tell him about his family. Mark wondered where his psychic abilities came from. "Dad, I was wondering where my psychic abilities came from,"

"I knew you were going to ask this sooner," he continued "I just didn't expect it to be right now while I'm dead,"

"Why do I have these powers?" Mark asked once again.

"It runs in the family son, my side of the family," said his dad. "Your powers date back to the early 1800s, one of your grandfathers made sure to continue to use his powers to help people,"

"Is he the one in this picture?" Mark pulled out the folded picture and showed it to his father.

"Where did you find that?" Mark's father looked shock he didn't expect his son to stumble across an old picture of one of this great grandfathers.

"In the archives," responds Mark. "I was going over the shadow murders mystery looking for anything that could point to Sean's death,"

"Dad? Tell me that my great grandfather didn't murder anyone," Mark begged. "Why does he look so much like me,"

"He didn't, someone else did it and framed him," Mark and his father continued talking unaware that Sean was listening from around the corner. Everything that he heard he had a hard time believing that Mark's great grandfather had murdered someone let alone him. Sean stayed silent and tried his best not to reveal himself to Mark or his father.

"Then who would want to murder so many innocent people? Including Sean," questioned Mark, "Dad, what can I do?"

"I can only offer you a little bit of advice son, you need to find the connections," he said. "In this entire mystery, what stands out to you the most? Here's one other thing son, beware of the entity that lives in this house it only wants power, your power,"

"What do you mean?" asked Mark as worry crinkles appeared on his forehead. "What about my power?"

"Mark, when you moved into this house, haven't you noticed a strange shadow appearing around you? In the corners? In your dreams?" said Mr. Fischbach he worried about his son the minute he and his fiancé moved into the home. Call it father's intuition, but whatever is inside the house wanted to control Mark. It also wanted to take Sean's spirit and turn that spirit into something evil. Sean's stomach was in knots when a thought suddenly occurred to him, he felt a flashback appear and found himself in the house that had been inhabited by his family.

Young Sean McLoughlin had gotten home from school one day to find that he was the only one in the house. Thinking that he was alone, he had often gone to his room and did his homework. But one day, as he was passing by the basement door, he heard a strange sound like something had been knocking furniture down all over the place. With a curious thought, he opened the basement door and started to make his way downstairs; Sean got to the bottom of the stairs and pulled down the chain. The small lightbulb illuminated a small portion of the basement door as Sean started to walk around the area.

"Hello?" he said nervously. "Is someone there?" an evil laugh escaped from somewhere in the corner. Sean's stomach dropped as he was hearing the voice, he backed away toward the stairs in hopes of getting out of the basement safely. But before he could go upstairs, a box slid across the dirt floor making Sean yelp in fright. He ran upstairs and left the basement unaware that behind him a man stepped out of the darkness with an evil smirk. The door to the basement closed and Sean made sure to lock it.

Sean snapped out of the flashback at the same time the door to the basement started to creak open. His eyes widen as the conversation between Mark and his dad ceased, Mark's father knew where this was going, and he looked at his son.

"Don't go down there Mark," says his father, but Mark didn't listen. He seemed transfixed on the basement door as he sat his cup of tea down on the table and started to get up. Mark's father disappeared and reappeared at the basement door hoping to get his son's attention. "Mark!" Sean took the opportunity to run over to him, he solidified and grabbed Mark by the arm.

"Mark snap out of it! Whatever is down there is trying to lure you!" he exclaimed, Mark began to walk toward the basement door when Sean couldn't take it anymore. He stood in front of Mark and slapped him across the face causing him to snap out of the trance he was in.

"What was that for?!" he said to Sean as he rubbed his cheek.

"You were about to walk into the basement," says Sean.

"I was?" Said Mark. "Wait there's a basement?"

"Clearly," says Sean. Mark looked over to where his father stood only to see that he wasn't there. Mark sighed sadly and turned back to Sean who seemed to know everything about the basement.

"Sean? You okay? You look like you had another flashback?" questioned Mark.

"I'm fine," responds Sean. "But I do have a little more information about what happened to me,"