Chapter 16

Yashiro's PoV

"One tip, and one tip only," Tsukasa's voice rang through the dark and musty hallway full of doors. "Up is good, down is bad. And, why not. I'll be generous. Steer clear of dull, go for the bright."

God, what had I gotten myself into?

I just wanted peace in the afterlife, but instead I have to fend for myself even if I'm dead, because apparently I can still die, but Amane doesn't know (or at least didn't tell me) where I go if said situation happens to occur.

But I can't die in a dream, right?

Amane's PoV

Damn you Tsukasa, always had to be the a$$hole between the two of us. No wonder Mom didn't love you.

I raged in my mind, not caring which Yashiro was choosing. Yashiro saw my unusual behaviour and comforted, "It'll be fine, Amane, we'll get through this and get back to normal. And remember, this time I'm no helpless girl, I can fight too. Okay Amane?"

She wrapped her left arm around the back of my neck, sending a relaxing warmth all around me. I sighed and replied, "fine, fine." After hearing me, her face was plastered with a grin warming my heart.

"We don't have time to fool around, lovebirds!"

My grip on my first tightened, trying to resist my temptation to go and find him and kill him again.

But of course, we aren't on earth.

It wasn't clear if it was a mind space, boundary, or shared dream. All seemed likely. It was troubling, but Yashiro insisted on following suit with Tsukasa's plans.

We chose a door from the seemingly endless hallway. It was a dull red, the colour of blood. Maybe because of Tsukasa's sick humor, it might be it, Yashiro suggested. Right at the last second I reminded her,

"Dull doors are bad, bright are good."

"But, how do you know he's not tricking us?" Yashiro replied, clearly sceptical of the tip provided. I assured her to steer clear of dull coloured doors and we soon found a bright turquoise one resembling her hair tone.

Opening the door we were greeted with a spiralling staircase down. It seemed to go forever, but of course, curiosity kills the ghost.

"Okay, let's go!" Yashiro exclaimed, readily grasping onto the railing of the stairs. "But, the stairs are going down.." I muttered, but followed her anyway. She wouldn't let me do otherwise.

It became darker and darker, but neither of us got extremely affected by the eerie atmosphere. I shuddered as a step creaked beneath my feet, tempted to just float on the way there.
But this was Tsukasa's boundary, I couldn't do that (damn his rules).

Daikon-senpai~

Nene-senpai~

Nene-sama~

Hanako~

Shitty knife boy~

Hanako-san~

Our ears perked up as we neared the end of the staircase. The noises were so faint but so loud, so sweet yet so bitter, my heart rate skyrocketed, eyes filled with fear yet excitement. I don't know where the Hell Tsukasa put us in, but it definitely wasn't good.

Hi... Ha... Na... Koooo...

I whipped my head around to see Kou's eyes inches away from mine. Pupils shrunk, I backed away instinctively, but I bumped into a body. Cold and yet warm, I immediately thought of Yashiro.

I was comforted and relaxed after that.

Wrong choice...

A/n

How-

How-

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT. I know every author says it, but I mean it so much. Thanks for all the votes and funny comments; I couldn't believe this little project for my bored self ended with a successful fanfic. Feel free to ask questions if you wish.

I'll start a one shot book after this, tbhk.

Alsoooo should the ending to this story be sad or happy...?

Word count: 635