Chapter 18

Yashiro's PoV

The far shore wasn't as bad as it seemed. Sure, it's filled with unpleasant-to-look-at spirits, but I got used to the sight soon enough. What I hadn't known was that I was destined to meet a seemingly evil person.

My mind was racing. Amane.. is he okay? I guess I'll never know, since I'm fully dead now... I stared down at my feet as though it was Amane himself, tears threatening to come spilling out of my eyelids. I watched in deafening silence as my feet lightly splashed in the water that was turning deeper as I went further to the shore.

I disliked the feeling of the water soaking my shoes. Wait, no.

I hated it.

The one way I died, even in the afterlife, watching over the students of my old high school. Because of that stupid bitch. Well... Nothing I can do about it now. I never speculated that I would die, even as a mere ghost of Kamome Academy.

I thought, as a ghost, there was a weight lifted off my shoulders, not needing to fear of death.

Where I am right now... It can't be the regular far shore. Amane can just pass through and back through his boundary.

But I can't.

This must be a special place, where the truly dead apparitions go to after they die. Nothing happens. Just a dark expanse with nothing to look forward to. Nothing to enjoy. Just have to wait and see if the devil thinks your suffering has paid off for your sin in the living world and decides to reincarnate you.

Or he favours you highly and trades your reincarnation in for a price.

I snap out of my thoughts when I feel the water get thicker. It was gradual, but obvious enough for me to notice it.

I focus my vision and...

Red. Blood red.

...........

Just as red as my blood was when tsukasa killed me.

I shut my eyes, my nails digging into my palms. Even thinking or saying his name already sends shivers of discomfort down my spine. I looked up from the pool of blood, now up to my calves.

With my neck sore from staring down at the floor blankly, I winced when I looked up to see a grand tower. It was of many floors, seemingly endless from my point of view.

"Ah~! You finally came!" I heard and unfamiliar voice ring through my ears.

His features were new to me too. Unlike the other poor spirits living in this endless darkness, he wasn't an eyesore. His jet black hair was held in a bang that swooped to the side, half-covering his right eye. His pupils were cat like, like tiny slits painted on a blood-red canvas. His aura radiated both power and evil, but for some reason I felt welcomed.

Probably because I was being manipulated.

But I simply had no energy left to care. I was left in a deep state of depression, but I decided to greet him with a soft grin. I wouldn't want to upset him. Whoever he is, he's probably of a high rank in this shit hole.

"Hi, I'm Yashiro Nene. Why were you expecting me?" I replied with all the friendliness I could muster up from my stone-cold heart. It was sore from the tears I subconsciously shed on the way here.

"I've taken a liking to you, Yashiro-chan."

CHAN?!

"Your looks are quite stunning, compared to the other lowlifes in this place." He continued, ignoring my state of shock. "So, Ive decided to grant you a wish, any wish..but of course, for a price."

If it's for a price, how is it granting?

He probably read my mind. "You should be grateful, Yashiro-chan~ A lot of spirits have been eyeing an opportunity like this," he put his arms behind his back. Only now did I take notice of his expensive clothing.

Probably no currency in hell, but there is a caste system for sure.

"Now, come on in!" He welcomed, reaching his hand out to me, which I reluctantly took. He brought me up many storeys with an elevator that took function in a blink of an eye.

=66th floor=

The screen read. The mesmerising sight took my mind off of Amane for a while, before reminding me of how much I admired him in combat.

The short-lived grin on my face turned into an expressionless face, whose eyes only longed for the embrace of another.

I trailed behind mystery man till we reached a room with walls of tinted red glass. The couches were of a dark brown, which unobservant eyes would perceive as black.

In between the couches was a coffee table, carved on the exquisite wood was a lotus and a knife... No, a dagger. It's edges were rigid and sharp, making the user have more effectiveness on stabbing the target.

"So..." The man snapped me out of my train of thought, "what may your wish be, ghostly beauty?"

A/n

AHHH IM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING FOR A WHILE! Ive been distracted for so long by the Kimetsu No Yaiba manga (and bugging my friends about it) and getting [kinda] into Douma (fanfiction idea?) And Chuuya so gomen my loyal readers!

My friend gave me a story plot but the ending's kinda sad, so I'll tweak it a bit (thanks jiminisba )