just life / chapter 22

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this a joke?" I questioned, taking a seat on the couch across from my aunt. "I feel like i'm on some prank show," I looked around, squinting to find little cameras.

"This is just life," She huffed, taking a sip of her steaming tea.

"This isn't how most people's life is, sounds like i'm in some drama filled story. Maybe that's because your so drama filled, I wish my mother would have just cut you out of her life," I smiled at the end.

"Let's not be hasty or anything," Takeda interrupted. "This could be a good thing, we could get to know each other and your aunt still has a place to say. I'm not saying we will be getting married but we can become better friends,"

"I don't -"

"She will do it, she will do it for her dying mother. I mean, if my dying mother had a wish I would oblige," My aunt added, giving me a little smirk at the end.

"This is so silly, you are really going to play that card,"

She crossed her legs, "How could I not? Now go bring the bags to the extra bedroom and we can stop by the hospital for a little bit, your mother and I have another surprise,"

"Another one? I feel like i've had enough for a while," I sighed, moving towards my bags. "I don't mean to come across rude Takeda, it's just marriage isn't something i'm prepared for," I explained, grabbing some of the bags and hauling them up the stairs. I had to open a few doors until I found a extra bedroom. It was a nice size, bathroom next door, large enough closet. Just not in the exact house I would like to live in,

"If we got married this could be a big walk in closet," Takeda mentioned, standing right behind me, I jumped from not expecting him.

"Uh, yeah. You scared me, when did you get in here?"

"A minute ago, you were staring at the TV on the wall. Your aunt did mention you like to watch to watch anime and that type of thing," He mumbled, a bright pink was placed on his cheeks, clearly embarrassed on how much he knew about me.

"Well that's very kind of you to fit the room to me. I appreciate the gesture, maybe I should get to know you more, as a friend of course," I spoke, not wanting to sound like a rude person. Though I wasn't romantically attracted to Takeda, he was still a kind man, and Keishin was being bit of a bitch at the moment so why not.

"Sure! That would be amazing," He smiled so largely the shine from it could beat the sun, I just realized then he has pretty nice teeth.

We ended up talking for ten minutes about little hobbies of ours. I mentioned my writing, reading, being lazy, having a successful career, etc. He mentioned teaching, coaching, cats, and cooking.

Eventually I went back downstairs to my Aunt and we made our way to the Hospital. When we arrived my mother was so overjoyed to see us, she stuck out her arms wide, ready to except a hug.

"Y/n! How was the date, your aunt told me you actually did it," She beamed, smothering me in a hug.

"It was okay, not the best one though. Did Aunt Mai also tell you i'm moving in with a man, before marriage," I emphasized the last part because my mother always expressed how we shouldn't do that.

"Yes, I think that just shows that you're willing to commit to him,"

"Woah! Woah, wait wait wait," I started to babble, not wanting that though to be in her brain.

"I agree sister, your daughter has really stepped up to the plate. This is a perfect time to show her the wedding book we made, for when you have it. It has what the tables would have on them, theme, music. We even got advice from your dear friend Sakura and Kyoya from America!" She told me, pulling out a heavy book.

"You got them in this, i'm not even getting married, what did you tell them? Kyoya is going to kill me when I return home," I expressed, grabbing the book and skimming through it. The theme was nice, something I wouldn't mind, and the flowers they picked were very beautiful. But I don't want to get married, at least not right now and not with him.

"We would let you pick the dress of course, and your ring," My mother added, placing her hand on top of mine. "You have no idea how much this means to me," She grinned, sitting up a bit more to kiss my forehead.

"I don't know mother, I love you a lot. But this is a little too much, I don't think I can deal with all this right now, I need time to think. I'm going to go, but I love you," I kissed her forehead and made my leave. I didn't want to go back to my house, and couldn't go back to Takeda's, leaving me with one choice, Keishin.

I fought on texting him i'm coming or not, but hoped that this time he wouldn't kick me out like last, we really did need to talk about that incident.

Upon making it to his apartment, I treaded the stairs a little slower than I normally would, nervous about what would happen this time.

"Keishin, are you home?" I softly questioned after knocking on the door.

"Yeah, yeah," He yelled, I could hear his footsteps nearing the door. "What's wrong," He asked back, his face dropping into a sadder expression.

"It's been a really long day, with you, then my aunt and Takeda, it never ends," I complained, laying down on his couch, he snuck over to me, laying across it with me in his arms.

"I'm really sorry about earlier, but please indulge me on everything that happened," He kissed my forehead and I did just that. Telling him how stressed I have been lately, and how everyone is making me out to be a bad guy for not wanting to get married.

He listened fully and kept reassuring me that he would always be here to talk and listen, running his fingers through my hair and kissing my head a few more times.

"I think you might need a smoke after that thing," I mentioned, popping my head from his chest, looking up at him.

"I think we both do," He chuckled, getting up from the couch and grabbing a pack. "Want one?"

(um forgot to add but if you think smoking is super gross or something, ignore this part, i don't smoke but... i would for him)

"I'm trying to quit," I joked, taking it from his hand and lighting it. "As they say 'Don't smoke kids' or shall I say Keishin, you're the real one who is addicted,"

"Very true, but not as much as I am addicted to you," He smiled and I felt my heart warm. This comment and him being there for me tonight just reminded me why I did fall for this man, why he did catch my eye from the very beginning.

"Keishin you're such a flirt sometimes," I laughed, taking a drag from the cigarette. "Thank you for being here,"

"Thank you for being mine, even though that bastard is trying to steal you from me,"

"Don't say that, he's your friend,"

"Yeah, yeah, he doesn't know. But Y/n, um I don't know how to say this but I have been thinking, will you.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hey hey it's my birthday so if you would like to say a happy birthday i would appreciate it...  🎉

(if you don't i'm discontinuing this book)

JKKKK!! Love you all and thanks for comments and 28k views on this.

hope this chapter was good and get ready for the next.

also shout out to qenesiis  and MonkeySmash1