talk together / chapter 19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MARRIED? WHAT NOW?" I yelled. I know I should be quiet since I am in a hospital, but this new was just so strange and out of no where, I think i'm okay right now. I saw from the corner of my eye, Keishin exiting the room. He looked a little off but I decided I would talk to him about it when I'm done here.

"Yes, he is a good man, a teacher!" My Aunt Mai exclaimed.

"Okay, that's good but doesn't mean I will marry him. Mom, if I have to marry someone, shouldn't I choose who to marry?" I looked towards her, and she gave me a little smile.

"You can sweetheart, but it would be a lot of pressure if you ask a man you barely know. Also this man knows how successful you are and is okay with you not being around all the time. He truly sounds like a good gentle man," She explained.

"I-I don't know, he sounds nice but I don't know about this anymore," I spoke.

"Just go on a date for him, for me?" My mother questioned, taking my hand in hers. "It's worth going on a date right?"

"Mom, I don't know," I looked away and then back at her pleading face.

"Yes, it would mean so much. Just a date, all I ask, please. I don't want you to be lonely," She commented, letting go of my hand.

"I'll go on one date, but it doesn't mean i'm getting married to him or anything!" I put up my hands, emphasizing the statement.

I would have to talk to Keishin about the statement I made. Hopefully he would understand, it's just that my mother has done so much alone and has really helped me become the successful person I am today. If this means so much to her, then I guess I could try and do it.

"I'm going to get going, i'll be back in a bit. You are going to be discharged soon, correct?" I asked, thinking back on what she had told us the other day.

"Yes, i'm excited to get back home. Your Aunt Mai will also bring staying with us for a while,"

"I'll be taking your room of course," My aunt added.

"Oh, then where will I stay. I'm of course going to stay here in Japan and work here for a while,"

"We know that, but you can just rent some apartment or stay with a friend can't you?" My aunt asked, now scrolling through her phone. "It's getting late and I have to plan your date with your mother. Why don't you get going, but can you find somewhere else to stay tonight, I will be going back to the house,"

I bid my mother a goodbye and gave her a hug. Waving bye to my aunt I made my way back to the car where Keishin was having a cigarette.

"Hey Keishin, can we go back to your house," I softly questioned, hoping in the front seat next to him.

"Sure," He muttered, starting up the car and we started the drive to his apartment. It was pretty silent, I didn't know how to explain the marriage thing and didn't want it to be super awkward for him.

Once making it to his apartment he went to his room and shut the door. I laid down on the couch, something was definitely wrong with him.

I was driving to sleep but soon saw his door creak open and went to go join him in bed.

"Can I sleep here?" I asked, sitting at the end of the bed.

"Yeah, of course," He responded while I climbed next to him.

"Should we talk about what happened back at the hospital?"

"No, let's just get some rest," He pulled me closer to his side and then turned so he was facing me.

His chin was placed on the top of my head, and arms snaked around me, keeping me tight against his chest. I relaxed in his arm and fell back to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of some meat cooking and followed the scent out of the bedroom to fall upon a lazy Ukai cooking with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Hey Keishin, good morning,"

"Morning," He grumbled.

"Cooking huh? That's nice," I commented.

"Yeah,"

"Let's talk about the conversation at the hospital. I'm sorry about my aunt and mother they are just being strange and I don't want you to feel pressured or anything," I started to babble.

"It's fine, but i'm not going to propose," He put some of the food on his plate and walked to the table.

"Oh! Yeah, I, um, don't expect you to, don't worry about it," I then walked over to where my bag was and put on my shoes. I looked at my phone where texts from my aunt saying that she set up the date were coming up. "I should get going though,"

"Yeah,"

"Also, Keishin. My aunt and mother are making me go on a date for a potential marriage candidate. But don't worry, I won't be getting married to him, I like you. I know this is a weird situation and all but my mother really wants me to just go on this one date,"

"Of course, can't you just say no to your mom. I know she is going through a hard time but isn't this kind of ridiculous to put you through all this," He got up and put his plate in the sink walking over to me. "Can't we just tell your mother about us, we aren't teenagers why should we have to sneak around like this?"

"I know we aren't, but you know my mother. She thinks you are a kind man, but she wouldn't approve of us being together," I concluded, while he wrapped his arms around me giving me a hug.

"Just don't go on the date. It's okay if you don't do this for your mom, I mean come on you won't be close with her forever," He expressed.

"What? My mother is going to pass away soon and I should just 'drift away' from her a bit,"

"Well, I mean,"

"I got to go," I interrupted him, breaking away from his hug and grabbing my bag. "Thanks for letting me stay here a bit, but I should get going," I made it out the door, hearing him tell me to just stay, but I was able to get a uber and made it back to my house where my aunt was.

"Y/n! You're here! A little late, but I suppose that will work. Now go upstairs quickly and change, he will be here any moment,"

"Fine, fine," I slowly made my way to my room, barely paying attention to the outfit she choose and just quickly putting it on. When I emerged from my bedroom he was standing there.

"Y/n meet-"

"Wait is tha-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
who do you guys think it is?

THANK YOU FOR 14k viewssss <33

hope you guys are excited for the next chapter, i am...