(17) Diamonds and Drafts

Two years later 

Bucky and Jordan were out in LA. They were both their on business Jordan had a photo shoot for Cosmopolitan. Bucky was there because he was being drafted into the NFL now that college was over. They were holding hands and walking along the beach at sunset after their sushi dinner. 

The wind was blowing gently as they walked. He finally stopped them both from walking any further.

"Jordan for the last two years I've fallen even more in love with you. You have always been one of my best friends. But now you are more than that you are the love of my life. And I know our life is about to get super crazy with you still modeling and be being a NFL player but I can't imagine anyone else by my side." He said as he reached in his pocket. 

"So Ms Clayton..my gorgeous beautiful girl. Will you please marry me?" He said as he dropped to one knee. 

Her mouth fell open. "My god! Yes! That is gorgeous James!" She said 

He kissed her as he stood up. 

"Well..my grandmother finally unfroze my trust fund." He said as he kissed her. 

They finished their walk along the beach and headed back to the hotel. The next night they were watching the draft from the venue. It was a long night of watching and drinking martinis. 

"Up next Baltimore Ravens." The announcer said 

"Our first draft pick was an easy choice. QB from NYU James Barnes Jr." the coach said 

They showed him in the room as she kissed him and they showed some clips of him playing in college. The next morning he signed with a sports manager and signed his 3 year contract with the Ravens. When their weekend was over she posted a picture of him and her as he hugged her and kissed her cheek. Her ring on full display with the caption. 

"Love this guy to the moon and back! We said yes to the Ravens and I said yes to him! Congrats baby on making your dream come true! ❤️" 

He posted the same photo. 

"Ravens and my girl said yes! Couldn't ask for better weekend." He captioned it. 

When they returned to NY they had a party to celebrate. That night they began their apartment search online for places in Baltimore. And luckily they learned that Maryland was a three hour drive if anything happened to anyone in the family. That weekend wasn't the only thing happening in their world. 

Naya and Steve announced they were having a baby and she was going to pursue nursing school. Sam drafted to the Carolina Panthers so he and Jaylynn were moving as well.