20.

"Boy where have you been!" General Hoseok was giving out orders to his captains when Jungkook reached the southern gate

"Boy where have you been!" General Hoseok was giving out orders to his captains when Jungkook reached the southern gate. Some tents around it were burning, while a rain of burning arrows was falling from the sky.

The sounds of howling monsters broke the night raisin all hair on Jungkook's skin.

"I'm sorry General, where do you need me," Jungkook knelt in front of his commander.

"I need a leader for the 7th regiment of division 1," said Hoseok.

"But... where is captain Fang?" Asked Jungkook shocked.

"Captain Fang has taken his two best divisions and set off towards the enemy's borders this afternoon," Hoseok was calm despite an arrow hitting the wooden box he had spread a battle plan on.

"I will bring you honor," whispered Jungkook getting up, taking the plan in with one gaze.

The arrows were falling so thickly it was difficult to get to the gate where all the humans from captain Fang's regiment were crowded.

"Soldiers young captain Kookie will lead you today!" General Hoseok raised his voice and Jungkook saw a lot of questioning and doubtful gazes but no one dared to speak up.

Of course they wouldn't trust that a poor orphan boy from nowhere could lead them, he himself had no trust, yet Jimin's sweet whisper sounded in his head.

"King Jeon."

The kinky nickname Jimin loved to turn him on with, his little fox had no idea how true it was though, as tonight he couldn't be the orphan boy anymore, but needed become prince Jungkook.

"Soldiers, the enemy has surrounded us from the south closing in, we will go out through the northern gate and attract the back line of Darons, they're the army's strength!" Jungkook raised his voice when he saw pure fear in the soldiers' eyes.

"Captain Kookie, we have no chances against Darons," whispered a young soldier.

"Be brave. Darons are flesh and blood, they have extremely weak tails, a hit into the nerve bundle at the tip of their tails can paralyze a Daron for minutes," Jungkook placed a hand on the boy's shoulder reassuringly. "Let's Go!" He said running forward, hearing the soldiers following when he tossed one last look at the far tents where Jimin was, hoping he can stop the enemies before they reach that far into the camp.

The Darons were falling like cut off trees one by one, his division going further into the battlefield. The rest of the army seemed to have gained new strength seeing the monsters they were afraid of the most defeated. Jungkook dug his sword deeply into the body of another one struggling to find a way between the sharp scales right into the monster's heart. The blood was flowing out of it like a red river, Jungkook's whole body and clothes covered by it, smelling horribly, yet he jumped of the dead Daron shouting to his soldiers to build a formation and cut off the way of the moving back enemy's troops.

King Yoongi's soldiers were nearing so Jungkook lifted the sword cutting the heads of tree coming ones. The rumor of man to man battle breaking out, an older soldier from his division fighting right next to him was stumbling on his feet, he suddenly screamed. Jungkook turned to see a cat tail coming off his armory, the man fell on the ground lifeless even though no enemy had hurt him. Jungkook jumped towards the man seeing other from his army shifting and falling.

"What's happening," whispered Jungkook a cold shiver filling his body.

The human soldiers untouched but all hybrids suddenly dead.

It became dark in front of his eyes for a second when he jumped forward getting through the battlefield. There were fallen bodies everywhere a lot of soldiers still fighting, Jungkook was running when a tall creature covered his way swinging a burning ball towards him.

He rolled over the ground avoiding it. Has Yoongi really taken to battle the monsters residing in the basements of the world, the immortal Mehuans. The fireball cut the air right above him when Jungkook closed his fist sending a string of power it's way tangling it into the force. The impact threw the creature through the air so it bounced along the sky like a burning star disappearing far behind the horizon. Jungkook jumped up running all the way to the southern gate, slying some enemy soldiers on the way. He was out of breath reaching the first burnt tents.

"General! General!" Jungkook got through the informants to Hoseok.

"Boy why are you here?" Hoseok's eyes widened.

"The battle is almost over but my hybrid soldiers are all dead! What is happening!" Yelled Jungkook.

"They have used a hybrid killing spell over the battlefield hoping they can swipe off my strongest regiment, but I have predicted it, so I had sent captain Fang and his people off before," Hoseok's face was calm when Jungkook's heart sunk.

"Will it kill all hybrids?" He felt his jaw trembling.

"Boy you will find a new maiden," muttered Hoseok.

"Jimin," whispered Jungkook running through the camp his heart pounding loudly.

Thank you so much for your support and over 10K reads. You are amazing 💚
How did you like the chapter? What do you think about the hybrid killing spell? Will Jungkook be able to save Jimin?

Much <3