Prologue: Ash

Setting Texas 2015

"Is there life after death?" One of the biggest questions ever asked. But I knew the answer. What proof do I have? The feelings.
My parents never believed what I did. They were Christian and hated the thought of anyone being a Satanist or studying demonic things. Pretty much tells you what home life was like.
           It's not that I hated God or didn't believe he was there it's just I found satanic things interesting. Things got even worse when the kids at school found out.
           Long story short I brought my Hell Book to school by mistake. It was a journal I had where I wrote down notes and drew pictures of things I found interesting from demonic books. Turns out kids from a Christian high school are no different than kids from a non Christian school.
            But this one time I was pushed too far. The captain of the cheer team, Diane, stole my Hell Book and attempted to burn it in the bathroom in front of me. But I knew why she was really doing it. She was the popular kid of the school and once the school found out I liked demonic things all the popularity and attention went to her.
           So there I was in the girl's bathroom with her cheerleader friends holding me back while she stood there ready to light my book on fire and throw it in the trash can as it burned to ashes.
          "Let this be an example for freaked like you." She said preparing to burn the book. "This is what happens to freaks like you. They burn." And just like that she lit the book on fire. I screamed but no one could hear me. Years of writing was in that book and it was gone. They let me go and left me in the bathroom and saw as the book burned into ashes.
          As I smelled the burning paper a plan came into mind. I plan of revenge. And I knew just what to do. I left school early that day and ran back home. Mom and dad said I would be home alone for the day because they were gonna work late. It's a good thing too. I'm gonna need absolute privacy for this.
        I got home and waited for it to get dark. Unfortunately my parents got home earlier than I expected. Guess I'll have to wait until they're asleep to do this. A few hours later and they were asleep. It's time.
        I woke up and lifted my mattress and grabbed a book I stole from a book store. I looked at the cover with a grin on my face. "Spiritual Summoning and Conjuring" was the title. I've been waiting a long time to use this.
For the longest of time I've always wanted to conjure a spirit to do my bidding. I read the instructions and gathered the materials I need. Five candles and a picture of the bullies.
I placed the picture of them on the ground and placed the candles around the picture. I began to chant what words from the book. As I read them I closed my eyes and began to raise my hands but as my eyes were closed I was unaware I knocked over one of the candles and it rolled under my unmade bed.
My chanting was put on halt when the smell of smoke started. I tried my best to put it out. The fire was spreading faster than I could comprehend.
        I tried to blow it out but it all I was doing was fanning the flames. Suddenly it was getting hard to breath. All I could see was smoke and ash. And all at once everything went black.
        I woke up and was looking at what I could see was the sky. But it didn't look right. It was red. I sat up to discover the most terrifying thing. I had no legs.
        I screamed. I stood up and saw that I wasn't standing at all. I was floating. I walked er- floated to a window and saw something truly astonishing. I was a ghost. I was white, my hair was longer and more black than it was when I was alive. My bangs were longer too. All my hair didn't cover was my mouth. My eyes were completely covered. I took another look at myself and saw that I'm a little translucent. You could still see my figure but it looked like you could see through me.

(New design of Ash goes to my artist friend @/the

(New design of Ash goes to my artist friend @/the.one.who.draws_33 on my art Instagram. I highly recommend checking them out.)

         I reached through the window I was observing myself with and my hand went through it. I couldn't believe it. After looking around I knew where I was. Hell. I died and gone to Hell. All because I tried to get revenge on some dumb bullies. I could feel the tears forming. I'm not sure how I'm crying but I can feel it. I sat down on what I can only describe as my ghost but and began to cry.
           In my efforts to get revenge on those bullies I burned down my house. I probably even killed my parents. I spent my life obsessing over demonic things and that obsession killed me and my family. I deserve to be here.
        After some time of crying I heard footsteps stop in front of me. I looked up with tears in my eyes and saw some weird looking red creature with what I can guess were two long black and white horns from its head. He was just staring at me. I couldn't tell why. Was he disgusted by me? Was he intrigued by me? What is it?
       "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?!" I screamed so loud that he fell back on his but and ran away terrified. That freaks gonna be scared of ghosts for life.
        After he was gone I floated there and gathered myself up. And began to explore this strange new world I'm in. If this is my life now I might as well give into it. I only hope that my family is safe in Heaven.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note: I'm so sorry this part took so long. I hope you like it. I'll hopefully have the next part out sooner. Thank you for your patience.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~