Part Nine

"Whew. Well, that was my cardio for the day." Dynomutt said, pulling himself up from the ground.

"Dynomutt, you saved us." Dee Dee told him as they rushed towards him but Fred.

He grabbed the mystery machine plate and looked down at it "Yeah, thank you!" "Yes, Dynomutt!"

Fred let out a small sob looking down at the now destroyed mystery machine, he sighed heavily and despair until he felt a hand placed on his shoulder.

He looked behind him and saw (Name) with a small and apologetic smile "Hey, you okay?" She asked softly, looking in his eyes.

Fred sighed and smiled sadly "I'm okay when you are." He said before he pulled (Name) into a hug with the mystery machine plate in one hand, she hugged back and pat his back for comfort "You know, you're really beautiful in that dress." Fred breath out, moving a strain of hair from her face, she smiled and thanked him.

In the portal

Dastardly looked around in worry before he found a mountain full of gold and treasury Infront of his gaze, he smiled and rush towards them "At long last, my treasure!" He whisper under his breath before sliding down towards the golds.

He laughed with glee running through them, founding lots and lots more golden item and more.

He pushed the statue and treasure box away from his way before he continues, he laughed happily but stopped when he found his partner laying on the ground not moving at all.

"Oh, no." Dastardly slowly walked towards his long lost partner dropping his arms "I'm too late."

He got onto his knees not letting his gaze away from Dudley "I've been searching for years, my friend." He softly place his hand on his partner's arm before he grabbed him and pull him into a bear hug before he sighed "But I didn't make it in time."

"I'm sorry." But not knowing to him that Dudley was only sleeping or was he hibernating? "I'm so, so sorry." Dastardly whimpered, Dudley peek through his closed eyes and try to hold in his laughter "There are so many things we never got to do together." Dastardly sobbed before he started crying with Dudley trying to hold in his laughter. But of course, he couldn't.

"Huh?" Dastardly stopped crying after hearing a squeaking laugh before he pulled away not letting Dudley go, yet "You're alive?" He asked out of disbelief.

Dudley let out a hoarse chuckle.

"You're alive!" He angrily yelled before he threw him down. "You cantankerous canine, how could you do that to me?!" He snapped, hitting his head.

Dudley growled and rub his head saying, "Rash-Frasm." Before he attacked his leg.

"Stop! I'm not joking! Stop!" He threw him off of his leg, they both glared at each other. Dastardly fought the urge to strangle him and smiled. "Oh! I...  I can't stay mad. You're alive!"

They both laugh with glee. Dastardly carrying him in his hands as he twirls around with Dudley letting out his squeaking laughter.

Outside of the portal

Cerberus growled, stalking around, trying to find the men and women who disturbed his slumber, even though it was Dastardly's fault.

The gang pop their heads out with Dynomutt lifting the lid with his head. "So, that's Cerberus." Velma say before they all hid inside again.

"We've got to stop him before he gets into the city." Dee-Dee told them.

"Like, how?" Shaggy whisper loudly.