Chapter 14

Peeta's POV.

This kiss I shared with Katniss earlier today is still in my head. It was so passionate but at the same time só caring. So full of energy I could feel the eletricity run through my veins.

"Where do you wanna dinner tonight?" Katniss asks me.

"I dunno. I was thinking of smething special. Romantic" I say.

"Mhh Let me think... Hiw about MCDONALDS" She almost yells excitedly.

"MCDONALDS" I scream in agreement.

"YAY"

"YAY"

"YAY"

Yes we just had this conversation. And we always end up eating at Mcdonalds when we want to do something special.

The truth is nothing can beat a Burger and fries.

So we head there.

"I love Mcdonalds so fucking much. I just cant stop eating" Katniss says with her mouth full.

"Story of my life" I answer.

We eat everything in 10 minutes.

As we are leaving I notice a guy staring directly at me and Katniss. He seriously doesn't even look away when I turn around. He has sea green eyes and hair of a bronze color. He seems pretty tall and is well-built. The guy is really pissing me of with his smirk. I think he's checking Katniss out.

We pick eye contact for a few seconds until I put my arm protectivily around Kat and he makes an amused expression. I just glare at him and show him the finger as Katniss and I leave for the streets.

"Intense interaction you had in there" Katniss says laughing.

"What you talking about?" I ask defensivily.

"Dont lie I totally saw you glaring at that guy"

"He looked suspicious" I try to defend myself "Plus I think he was checking you out"

"Jealous?" She teases.

"Of course."

She giggles and we keep walking.

After that we just go back to the Hotel and just have a good might sleep wrapped on each other.

--------next morning-------

Me and Katniss decide to have breakfast in a coffee shop near the hotel.

"I think I want a Hot chocolate and a bagel." Katniss says.

"Sure. I'll go get it" I offer.

I go to the line and wait for my turn.

"I'd like two Hot chocolates, a bagel and a donut, please." I say.

"The bagels here are splendid" someone behind me says.

I turn around to find the guy from yesterday standing right there.

"You're that guy!" i say.

"And you're that guy that showed me the finger" he says mockingly. "I'd suggest you to take sugar for the hot chocolate".

Before I slap the guy I pick up my order and go to Katniss.

"Here sweetie" I say

"Thank you cutiepie" she jokes.

Someone behind me laughs. And it is no other but that guy. He sits with us for no reason. Me and Katniss stare at him.

"Woukd you like a sugar cube?"he asks Katniss seductivly.

"No Thanks" What the heck? Is he flirting my Katniss?

Im about to do something like pinch him when he gives me his hand to shake

"Finnick Odair" he smirks.

I take a litle time but decide to Shake his hand.

"Peeta Mellark"

Then he turns to Katniss. She's about to say a false name or something so that she won't be recognised but he is ahead of her

"Katniss Everdeen. Pleasure" he says.

She gives me a scared look. she was identified I grab her hand to leave and just run away when this Finnick laughs.

"Dont worry, I'm here in peace" he says

"How do you know" Kat asks a litle too fast.

"Does it really matter?" He asks quirking an eyebrow.

None of us says a thing. He just continues talking.

"Dont need to fear of me. I'm just a guy that wants to help".

"Help what?" Katniss asks. she is really warm when meeting New people (sarcasm)

"Do you need somewhere to stay?" He asks.

"No, We're fine" I say.

"You know it's just a matter of time until the police finds you? New York is seriously not the best option"

"So what is a good option" I ask. I trully dont understand this guy.

"I leave in district 4. The security there is pretty bad. You could easilly get there wothout being noticed."

We dont answer. it stays silent for a few minutes while me and Kat just tarde stares. 'who's this guy?' she mouths. I just shrug.

"So what are we doing today?" Finnick asks.

"Nothing with you" Kat says with venom in her voice.

"I was thinking we could go shopping" Finnick keeps going ignoring Katniss.

"Finnick, no" I say.

"Peeta, yes" he says mimicking my tone.

Katniss giggles "Fine" I say clutching Katniss's hand. I really dont like the idea of him flirting her.

"Dont worry I have a girlfriend back home" he says standing up. "Shall we ?"

I dont know why but both me and Kat stand up and follow him.

"Are you two together?" He asks trying to make a conversation.

I look at Katniss, are we? I really dont know, I mean, I never asks her to be my girlfriend oficially but I dont think That's something important.

"We are"Kat says smiling at me lovingly. I smile back.

"Owwwwww" Finnnick says in a girly way. We all laugh.

"Do you want to go to with store?" He asks.

"We're not going to buy anything, we are saving our money. Just selling paintings doesn't garentee us a very secure life."

"That's how you're been making money?" Finnick asks

"Yup, Peeta paints beautifully" Katniss answers.

"Intersting" Finnick says. "lets go iceskating then"

The rest of the day just goes in a blur.

Finnick is a cool guy. I think Wwe made a friend for life.