Night time shananigans

I was right about the nightmares. As soon as I would close my eyes I'd be back in that room or back in that hospital waiting for the news on Phil, every time they would end in him dying or both of us.

I hate that just as my life was coming together someone has to fuck it up and ruin everything, not just for me, but for Phil too.

My mind keeps wondering back to that offer...
What would be the point in giving them just Phil when I couldn't see what was happening?
Maybe they think that the thought I gave him away would be enough I drive me insane, or they probably know that I would never do such a thing.

I could never hurt him. Emotionally or physically. It's impossible for someone to feel good about themselves after hurting him and if they do then they need medical help.

It's currently five in the morning.
I'm sat on my bed- well, curled up. I've been staring at the wall for a good few hours now, slipping in and out of consciousness, only to awake as soon as I close my eyes.
I should go back in with him, if he wakes up and I'm not there it's going to be hard to explain.

No. I'm not telling him about the letter.
I know what he's like and I just want him to stay safe until it arrives at a vital time to tell him.

I think it's the right thing to do?

Slowly I sit up, running my hands over my face, scrunching up my nose in disgust at the amount of sweat covering me, nice Dan.
The letter catches my eye and I bend down to pick it up. I decide to tuck it under my pillow before standing up and heading to the kitchen for a glass of well needed water.

Chris and Pj are both laying over each other on the sofa, a small smile twitching on my lips at the scene, small snores arising from both of them.

My feet pad along the tiled floor as I grab a glass and head over to the sink. There's so many memories in here, all the cooking videos and the midnight snacks. Phil and I sometimes accidentally get up at the same time at night and find ourselves meeting in the kitchen, although Phil has a tendency for eating my food.

I gulp down a portion of the cool water, slowly and quietly walking back to Phil's room.
Mumbling can be heard as I approach his door and as I go in he stops and continues sleeping, or so I think until he says my name.

"Dan?" He sleepily croaks, his hand reaching over to my side only to jolt back in confusion of my missing body.
I smile and place the glass on the side table before climbing in which wakes him up fully. Phil rubs his eyes and furrows his brow towards me.
"Where were you?" He questions.

"I just went to get a drink. Don't worry." I reply softly. He nods but then raises his hand to my forehead, frowning in responce.

"You're freezing and sweating," He informs with concern. I go to reply but he hugs me with force, a real passionate hug. "Hugs are better than kisses."

I nod in agreement because when it comes to Phil, they are. Hugs are so much better.

"I love you," I whisper, hiding into his shoulder and trying to hold back the tears. He squeezes me tightly before kissing my cheek and laying down, myself following his actions.

He pulls me close but not before I remove my shirt that's restricting me from much movement.
"I love you too bear."

A smile spreads on my face and I run my finger along his side, starting from his hips, up to his shoulder and then back down again, leaving a trail of goosebumps as I go.
One of his arms lay under the pillow whilst the other is placed on my leg, running circles against the skin.

He suddenly sits up and looks to the clock, then to the window and then back to me. "Want to go on an adventure?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.
I grin and nod rapidly. There's no way I'm getting back to sleep and in used to being sleep deprived anyway, so why not an adventure at five o'clock in the morning?

Phil throws me my red Manchester university jumper, making me cock an eyebrow at him. "I get lonely when you go out," He simple replies with a shrug of his shoulders. I chuckle and slip it on, luckily having not changed out of my sweat pants I don't have to change them.
Phil throws on his green one which we use if either of us is ill, it's comfortable.

"Where are we going?" I ask, swinging my legs off the side of the bed. Phil giggles and grabs my hand, tugging me along.

"You'll see," I chuckle and follow his lead. "Chris and Peej will be fine." He says, opening the front door.

It's pitch black out, the only bright thing in the sky being the moon as the stars are casts of a dim glow against the lampposts.
It's chilly but fresh, not too cold, just enough to take your breath away.

Even in the middle of the night there's people walking about, cars driving and buses working to unbelievable shift times. London never sleeps.

Phil flags down a taxi which makes me chuckle at how he's always wanted to do that but its never quite worked before.

I get in the back with him and he's already told the taxi driver the co-ordinates.
"Phil, where are we going?" I whine and hug his arm like an annoying child.

He shushes me, making me pout and stare out the window.
where ever he's taking me, it's not inside of London...

A/N:

Once again rubbish update BUT
I'm freaking out because I went into town today to see a Sherlock filming and I saw Benedict, Martin, Mark and Steven Moffat! We were waiting for hours but we finally got to catch a glimpse of Benedict and Martin :D

Mark, who plays Mycroft, waved and winked at my group of friends and I in his car and Steven Moffat literally walked past us to go into a cheese shop XD

But it was worth the cold and hours of standing, Ive never seen anyone famous up close before so it was pretty cool for me and idk, I'm really buzzed about it ^_^

Anyways... author question:

~If you could live in any fictional universe, which one would it be?~

My answer would be either Attack on Titan -because Armin is cute AF - or Sherlock, as long as I got to meet them and work with them ofc ;D

Bye readers <3

*sprinkles fairy dust on your nose and doesn't say bless you when you sneeze*