Hospitals suck

I feel like someone really must hate me for putting me through all of this.
Once again I'm led on a stupid hospital bed and once again I'm in pain because of... him.

My eyes surprisingly flutter open, only to immediately close again and let me catch just a glimpse of a bright light. It's only then that I feel someone holding my hand.
I hear a few whispers, my ears twitching and burning up a little.
Who ever is in this room with me is doing a lot of shuffling and it's annoying.

But as soon as I start gaining consciousness, I start remembering, and then I start crying.
They're silent tears and I can feel the salt water trickle down my cheeks.

A shirt sleeve wipes them away and as it does the waft of its scent is familiar.

A whimper jumps from my throat and I sniff to try and hold back any more tears. My throat hurts like before, only considerably more than last time.
I'm almost afraid to speak in fear of what my voice sounds like.

Instead I moan, the person holding my hand giving it a gentle squeeze.

More shuffling.

I can't stand not being able to see who is watching me so force my eyes wide open.
All air leaves my lungs and my eyes nearly fall out their sockets, I'm waiting for a heart attack because right now it just skipped about twenty beats.

His fingers trace over my knuckles, blue eyes meeting mine, black hair falling over one part of his face.
Healthy looking and plump again, no wires attached and no beeping machines.

Even with my dry throat I still manage his name. I will always manage his name.
"P-Phil?"

He smiles at me and raises his fingers to my forehead, skimming back my fringe, just like I had when he was led on his hospital bed.

Which much difficulty I divert my eyes and see my mum and Phil's mum.

Almost immediately I turn back to him.
"Morning curly." I close my eyes at his voice, the feeling of my lips starting to tremble triggers my eyes to water again.

I sit myself up and look to him, waved vision. He wipes his eyes before bringing me into a hug.
I hide in his shoulder and neck, gripping on to his hair and shirt.

Swiftly I push him back and start hitting his chest, quite weakly, but getting the main idea across. "I fucking hate you, I was so scared, I hate you." I sob, choking on my own tears.
Phil just responds by smiling warmly and taking the hits.

I soon run out of energy and rest my forehead against his chest, placing my ear next to his heart and sighing happily when hearing it's distinctive beats.

"This seems like an all too familiar conversation." he chuckles and wraps his arms around me.
I smile slightly, remembering when he lashed out on me.

My mum then walks over and I move over to hug her. "Oh I'm so glad you're finally awake, we were beginning to worry." She sighs.
I look up in confusion.

"What?" I ask and turn to Phil.

"You've been asleep for almost three weeks now, Dan." He replies, scratching behind his ear.
I shake my head and try to clear my thoughts.

That explains how Phil looks so much better and how much more healthy he looks too.
How could it have been three weeks?
And yet I'm so tired.

I just groan and rest my head on his shoulder, making my mum chuckle before ruffling my hair. "Your hairs grown, reminds me of in two thousand and nine when you were trying to look 'emo'." she quotes.
I roll my eyes and flip her off.

"It wasn't a phase mum, gosh." Phil grins and kisses my cheek. "Phil." I warn and gesture to the adults.

"Oh shut up Dan, we know." Phil's mum laughs with a flick of her wrist.

I nod wearily. "And you're alright with this?"

"Of course!" My mum nods in agreement, making me grin.

The door then opens and the doctor walks in.
I huff and keep a tight grip on Phil.
"Hello again Dan." He smiles.

"I'm sick of hospitals." I groan.

"How ironic." Phil mumbles against my ear, making me giggle.

The doctor looks through a list of stuff of the clipboard and nods. "Alright we'll give you a few more days, see how you are and then you and Phil should be okay to leave." He informs us.

At that moment I've never smiled so much. I'm okay, Phil's okay and we'll be able to go home soon.
I've sort of forgot what home looks like having spent over five weeks away from it now.

The doctor passes me some tablets and my mum gives me a cup of water. I glance to Phil and he scrunches up his nose, probably remembering the taste of the awful medicine.
I place the tablets on my tongue and then gulp down the water.
It tastes like strong honey and mint, curdling into a weird mixture of spices - for whatever reason.

"That is discusting." I whine and take another gulp of water.
Phil and our mums just laugh, along with the doctor letting off a small smile.

"Well just let me know if you start getting stomach cramps or rashes. Phil responded well to them so you should be fine." He tells me.

"Okay, thank you." he nods and leaves, only for Pj and Chris to enter after him.
Phil's mum and mine stands up and smiles warmly, chucking on their coats.

"We'll leave you lads to it, probably have a lot to catch up on." Phil's mum says and kisses Phil's cheek before kissing my forehead. My mum does the same but opposite.

Chris and Pj wave to them and smile when they spot me. "Well look who finally decided to wake up!" Chris exclaims happily, skipping over to my side of the bed.

"Hi guys." I mumble, waving.

"Hi Daniel, bet you're hating the hospital right now?" Pj asks.

"How did you know?!" I exclaim with a laugh. Phil stares at me with a small smile, making my cheeks heat up and for him to grin even more.

I swear if I start turning all cheesy and lovey dovey, put me down.