Chapter nine

Elizabeth's POV 

After coming home from the Cafe and taking a small nap, I grabbed my song book. I never really thought I'd write again and the first week after I came back as a ghost, I ripped every song in here to shreds. 

I mentally kick myself, for the second time tonight. If I would have just saved those songs, there's a chance Julie could have sang them. But now, I'm sat here with a pen in my hand, trying to come up with lyrics.

After a while I just decide to put the book down and I put my head in my hands. I wish I could just go back to that night and listened to my mom. I wish I could just talk to Julie and let her know I'm here. 

I picked up my song book again and tried writing, but nothing came to my brain.

After a little bit, I saw Luke walk through my door and slammed my book shut. 

He gave me a weird look, "Whatcha doin' there?"

"Oh, haha, nothing..." I say, placing the book on the floor next to my bed. 

He nods and takes a seat on the edge of the bed. 

"So, what're you doing up here?" I ask him, curiosity getting the best of me. 

"Hiding from Julie."

I scrunch my nose up, motioning for him to continue. 

He gives me the rundown of the night. From the manager, to dad catching Julie, to Reggie scaring Tia and the Carlos situation, and him ending up in here, talking to me. 

He finishes off with, "Do you think your dad will make her quit the band?"

I think for a second before shaking my head, "No. If anything, he'll be stoked about Julie playing again. Trust me."

Luke nods and says, "Well, now what?" 

I groan, "Ugh! I wish we could watch tv or something! I also wish there was a heater in here!" Luke gives me a confused face and I shrug, "What? I'm cold!"

He laughs and moves next to me, pulling me into him. "Feel better?"

I huff, "I am definitely warmer, but I'm still bored. Tell me about what life was like. Ya know, before you died." 

He starts talking and after an hour or so he yawns, laying fully down and taking me with him. 

"What are the boys going to think if you keep sleeping in here?" I tease him. 

I feel him smile, "Shut up and go to sleep." 

I laugh and feel him press a lingering kiss to my forehead, before I fall asleep completely. 

The next morning I wake. Again, I'm caged in by Luke and we're all tangled together. Moving slightly to see the time, I notice that I'm up an hour early. Surprisingly, I'm happy about this, because I get to enjoy my time in Luke's arms. 

I pull myself impossibly closer to the sleeping boy and lay my head on his chest. I could really get used to this.