Eighteen

He was going crazy.

  Hand gripping onto the firm pillow, the red pillowcase bright against his own bedding, which was light grey. His other hand was to his head, his hold tight on his hair as he tried not to think about his soulmate so much.

  It was like an obsession.

  Like all of his thoughts were filled instantly every single morning, thinking about whether he's eaten, if he's okay, how his day has been so far, if he's happy or sad, if he was satisfied.

  He held onto the cursed pillow, trying his best to stay calm. The raindrops hitting against his window, the lights out, late night vibes and soft music playing through his phone as always. He couldn't help himself from thinking of tugging at those soft dirty blonde waves in his soulmate's hair, tilting his head to the side and biting into his neck to mark him.

  Fucking weirdo, Jungkook.

  Jungkook held tighter onto the honey scented pillow. He felt so crazy for having such thoughts, wondering what Yoongi's doing right now. Wondering if the Omega had made a nest for himself, how cute it would be to watch Yoongi make the nest so perfect. How cute Yoongi would be as he would nod, content with it. How he would invite the Alpha to join him, instantly holding onto him in the comfort of his nest and in his Alpha's arms.

  But Jungkook isn't his Alpha yet, really. Neither of them have fully talked about it, but Jungkook specifically wanted to start their relationship over. He wanted to start fresh, taking the Omega on cute dates, hoping that his soulmate will realize that Jungkook wants it all to be perfect, romantic, enjoyable.

  He's always been this way.

  Remembers when he was young, telling his parents that when he finds his soulmate that he will be with them for eternity, until the day he dies. Until his last breath, he will do his best to serve as a shield to his Omega. He will make them feel loved, he will make sure that he keeps healthy for them, will make sure that they feel protected and wanted. That's all he's ever wanted since he was young.

  When he found out that Yoongi was his soulmate, his heart dropped in his chest. Not because he had found out that his soulmate was him, but because he had realized that Yoongi was upset, without even having to talk to Jungkook and tell him. And it was because of Yuri, that it had been that way. He knew that Yoongi was upset that his soulmate had a girlfriend. If Jungkook had known that he was actually going to find his soulmate, he never would've had her anyways.

  He knew that Yuri liked him merely because he was a True Alpha. But everyone in the school was so scared of Jungkook for that reason. The only reason he was with Yuri was because it was the only person who wanted him. And again, he had always wanted to have someone to call his. Wanted to be the romantic man he'd always wanted to be since a child.

  Yuri wasn't exactly the best, but not the worst either. She was always accusing people of wanting Jungkook, wanting to take him away from her. She always acted like they were mates. Always tried to beg Jungkook to mark her neck, forcing them together. But for some reason Jungkook always told her no. Not just because it was absolutely insane, but also because he knew he shouldn't.

  That was his one condition.

  No marking.

  And to be honest, Jungkook never actually did anything with Yuri. Ever. She never even met his parents, never asked to either. And as much as Jungkook tried to be romantic, she only let him take her on two dates the whole time they were together. It hurt Jungkook at first, having even desperate Yuri reject him.

  Everyone in school rejected him.

  They always had it in their heads that he was some scary, evil True Alpha. But in reality Jungkook was just a big baby. A big baby who just wanted to love and be loved.

  Cue Min Yoongi.

  Jungkook wants so badly to do this right. Find his mate, checked off. Go on dates, treat them well, learn each other, sex, marking— okay, he's getting ahead of himself.

  He merely wants to be a good Alpha.

  Hopefully Yoongi wants this as well. That's one thing that Jungkook really wanted to discuss with him this weekend, when he was going to ask Yoongi on their first date, but then he started feeling weird. His body started reacting stupidly all of a sudden. And then Jungkook realized what it was.

  Stupid rutting got in the way of their first date. But now he's just waiting it out.

  He wonders what Yoongi's doing right now. Has he eaten today? Is he comfortable right now? Is he overthinking like Jungkook is right now? Or has the peak of his own heat gone away and he's actually just waiting out the rest of his heat in his room, cuddled into his pillow just like Jungkook is doing right now?

  Except the peak of Jungkook's rut hadn't actually set in yet. It takes usually a day from the start of his rut before he actually fully sets into full-rutting mode, or for his rut to fully set in, causing Jungkook to almost completely black out every single time. And he'll always wake up a day later, calming down his high, not knowing what happened. It sucks, not knowing what he's doing. He guesses that with Yoongi's subspace and his rut setting in to make him unconscious, they'd work well together.

Actually, scratch that.

If neither one of them can control themselves, what the fuck would they do?

Jungkook sighs, his body aching and his pheromones growing stronger. He knows he'll have to lock himself in his room for the next few days. Knows that he's once again about to black out and not remember a thing. His hormones better settle soon, because all Jungkook wanted to fucking do was take his mate on a fucking cute date.

Is that so much to ask for?

~