EP

•EPILOGUE•

When the Pevensie's opened their eyes, they were standing on the train platform once again, dressed in their school uniforms

When the Pevensie's opened their eyes, they were standing on the train platform once again, dressed in their school uniforms. Their luggage was on the bench behind them and once again, they were holding hands.

Edmund let go of Peter's hand quickly, looking him head on. Peter sighed, looking around them to make sure they had really left Narnia. No one said anything, as it felt like a heavy weight had fallen upon their soldiers. People all around them were rushing to the platform to make the train but they just stood there, not knowing quite what to do with themselves.

The tears had disappeared from Edmund's eyes and the happiness he had felt in Narnia had left him when they walked through the passage in the tree.

The only comfort he felt was knowing that whenever he went back, if he went back, Diana would still be there, waiting for him.

A train pulled to a stop in front of them and the doors opened, sending more people into the station.

A boy in a navy blue school uniform, much like the one Edmund was wearing, walked onto the train, adjusting his glasses before turning around and looking to Susan.

"Aren't you coming, Phillis?" He asked her. Edmund and Peter looked at each other in confusion before looking at Susan and Lucy who had rushed to grab their bags. They followed suit, grabbing their luggage and walking into the train.

Edmund started rummaging through his satchel and let out an aggravated sigh.

"Do you think there's any way we can get back?" He asked his siblings, glancing up at them. They looked at him with confused stares. "I left my new torch in Narnia."

Susan broke out into a smile which caused Peter to laugh and Lucy to giggle as the doors of the train slid closed. The boy behind them with the glasses stared at the siblings like they were insane. And with that, the train began to move and they left the station.

()()()()

Diana felt her heart leave with the Pevensie's and she looked to the ground as Caspian wrapped one arm around her, pulling her to his side.

"Anyone else who wants to leave will be given time to collect their belongings and leave by nightfall." He spoke to his people. With that, they nodded and slowly started to disperse, leaving just the friends of the great Kings and Queens behind on the outlook.

"They made the right decision, dear one." Came Aslan's voice, causing Diana to turn around and free herself from Caspian's grasp. "You'll come to learn, in time, that you will too."

Diana didn't know what that meant but allowed herself to hug the great lion, as she knew that he would be leaving again, too.

"How long do you think before he comes back?" She asked him. The lion sighed.

"Whenever Narnia needs them again is when they will return." 

A/N: and there's the epilogue. Short and sweet as promised. It kind of feels surreal that I've finished this in such a short amount of time, just a few days really. But it does help when you have got a set plot line to follow like with the movie. Diana Montgomery and The Dawn Treader will be started within the next day and I'm super excited about it. :)