10

•CHAPTER TEN•

Peter took out the first Telmarine with two strikes

Peter took out the first Telmarine with two strikes. "Go!"

That's when the first catapults hit. They smashed into the ground nearly ten feet in front of Diana, causing her to jump back, stumbling into Edmund.

But the three of them stood there, watching the Telmarines prepare to charge.

Just a few more seconds. Diana thought. They had a plan. Hopefully, they could still pull it off.

The general of Telmar raised his sword, shouting something to his soldiers before pointing the sword straight at the trio. And then, the cavalry charged. Their horses caused the ground to rumble as they began the stampede towards the Howe.

"Archers to the ready!" Susan shouted from somewhere behind them.

Just a few more seconds. Diana turned around and looked at Caspian, giving him the signal. He was on his horse again and he galloped into the Howe, disappearing from sight, along with Glenstorm.

A horn sounded.

"One, two," Peter said.

"Three, four." Diana continued.

"Five, six."

"Take your aim!" Susan shouted.

"Eight, nine- Get ready!" Peter shouted to the Narnians. And with that, the land that the cavalry had just started to gallop over collapsed. A sinkhole opened up, sending hundreds of soldiers and horses into it.

"Now!" Came Susan's voice and suddenly, a volley of arrows was released into the air. Diana watched as the came down, impaling soldiers and horses alike.

Edmund leaped up onto a horse and ran to attack while Diana gave the order to charge. She and Peter ran forward, swords drawn. She jumped over Miraz's body as she charged the Telmarines, adrenaline fueling her every mood.

She didn't feel scared, all she felt was the need to protect what was hers. The need to protect Narnia.

Narnians were coming from all sides, throwing themselves into battle.

Diana struck down two soldiers within five seconds, as they had both thrown themselves at her at the same time. But they were no match for her. She lost herself in the battle, as she always did, as she was meant to do. She was striking Telmarine soldiers down left and right. Blood had splattered her face, her clothing, but she didn't realize it. She could hear Aslan's voice in her head, telling her to keep fighting.

So she did. She ignored the pain on her thigh as a soldier shot her with a crossbow. She snapped off the shaft, leaving the arrow in the clot the bleeding, and kept fighting.

"Diana!" A yell was able to get through her walls and she lost focus for just a second to look up and see Peter pointing behind her. She glanced over her shoulder and sure enough, almost a thousand more soldiers were marching towards them. She struck down another as she looked around, trying to wager if they would have a chance or not.