5

•CHAPTER FIVE•

I need to learn that trick

I need to learn that trick. Diana silenced the thought, knowing that much bigger things were at stake.

"Get that gate closed!" Miraz ordered someone behind Diana. Meanwhile, she pulled a small dagger from her belt.

Peter heard the order and froze.

No. Being trapped inside was a death sentence.

He heavily weighed his options. He could call off the attack and get as many Narnians out as possible, save Diana, and flee before the gate closed.

Or, he could continue the fight.

There was only one plausible option.

The gate began to close and Peter's heart stopped. But before it crashed to the ground, another Minotaur raced underneath it and grasped it, pushing it back up. He had to stand there and hold it, though it probably weighed close to a thousand pounds.

He roared, using every piece of strength he had to keep that damn gate open.

"FALL BACK!" Peter roared. He watched as Caspian raced out of sight.

Diana heard Peter's order and gave a rude gesture to Miraz.

"You heard him." She said slyly. She thrust her dagger into the hand that gripped her wrist and pried him off of her. She backed away quickly and dropped over the edge, right into Peter's arms.

"Fancy seeing you here." She joked.

"So not the time." He grumbled.

"I can't help it." Diana sighed. "The jokes just start coming in intense situations.

Peter shook his head before setting her on her feet and they raced down the steps.

"We need to retreat, now!" Peter yelled at the nearest group of Narnians. They immediately abandoned their fights and raced for the gate. Diana and Peter rushed around the courtyard, ending fights and sending the Narnians out as fast as possible.

Susan escaped on Glenstorm's back as Caspian entered the courtyard again on a horse. He had another one beside him and an older man who must have been his Professor holding on tightly behind him.

Caspian watched as Miraz, a knife embedded into his hand, said something to the general, who was holding up a hand. He was going to signal the archers to shoot. The general paled and said something in response.

"Fall back!" Peter yelled, racing for Caspian and the second horse. Diana was fighting her way across the courtyard, trying to get to her friends. They hadn't seemed to notice that she had lost her sword and was using a dagger and her bow as her only weapons.

Peter hauled himself up onto the horse and it wasn't until he was halfway to the gate that he realized Diana wasn't sitting behind him.

He cursed, turning his horse around and racing for the girl with flying white hair.