something new

effy ^^^^

A girl with dark brown hair and bright green eyes laid on her back lazily. She tossed a baseball up in the air and easily caught it, repeating the process over and over again with no struggle in the single person game.

She silently begged in her mind for someone to bust through the doors and save her but no one did. The dark-haired girl continued tossing the ball into the air for what felt like days, because it was. There was no clock in her room but she could tell how many days she'd been in there because the sun always rose and set, every single day. 

Then, one night, the doorknob on her white door started to move. The sixteen year old girl immediately sat upright and raked her hands through her hair quickly. She glanced at the mirror to the side of her to check if she was presentable, then she winked playfully at herself.

"Hmm, it's locked," an unfamiliar voice noted.

"Yes, Potter, I'm allowed to have locked doors in my home. I can assure you that she's not in there!" Lily's voice hissed angrily. "I'm serious, don't open that door, Potter!"

Despite the girl's pleas, the stranger managed to pick the lock and open the door. They flipped the lights on the room on. "Think fast!" the dark-haired girl shouted and threw the baseball at the strange boy.

He quickly held up his hand and caught the ball easily with no other movement from his body besides his arm, causing the girl to drop her jaw. "What sport? Oooh, let me guess. Football, wide receiver?" she asked. "No, can't be. Baseball, right fielder?"

"Excuse me?" His accent was thick and posh, like he came from a rich privileged household. He wore clothing that looked like regular clothing that everyone wore but there was something about it that just made it look, better, in a way.

The stranger's hair was in black messy curls and he had bright blue eyes that were encircled with glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose. He was an attractive guy and by his body language, the girl could tell that he fancied her sister, Lily Evans.

By his looks, the girl would've guessed that he went to do something posh and for rich people, like golfing or tennis. Based on his skill, however, the girl would have to guess a sport based on catching a ball, like baseball or football.

"She's a muggle," Lily explained vaguely. "That's my older sister, Daisy Evans."

"Did they kidnap you, Daisy?" the curly-haired boy asked, tossing the ball back and forth in between his hands. "They've got bars on your window," he noticed, nodding towards the bars. "The lights were off and the door was locked. Lily didn't want me to come in your room and I've never seen you around before, now that I think about it. I see Petunia when I come over."

"You're absolutely right, stranger. They did kidnap me. Come to think of it, this is exactly what a prison cell would be like," Daisy pointed out. "All I need now is the uniform."

The boy chuckled and tossed the ball back to her, which she caught just as easily as he had. "I'm James Potter," he said.

Lily stood behind James and folded her arms in front of her chest. She was clearly angered that her sister and the boy who fancied her were getting along. "I'm going to go make sure Sirius doesn't trash the rest of my house. Stay here, Potter," Lily commanded.

The bespectacled boy sent her a goofy grin and the redhead stormed off. Daisy passed the baseball back to James and he walked over to her while they tossed it back and forth. "How old are you, Daisy?"

"I turned sixteen last month," she responded while scooting towards the edge of her bed. "And you?"

"I'll be sixteen in seven months," he answered. "Do you want to tell me why they've kept you prisoner?" James finally reached the dark-haired girl and sat on the bed next to her.