𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳➶︎

(31st December, 10:00)
~•••~
Jirou's pov:

"Momo, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

I currently had a blindfold over my eyes while Momo was bringing somewhere. She said it was a surprise but I'm way too curious.

"Are we there yet??" I was getting kinda restless.

"Almost. Just be patient, Kyoka," I could hear her giggling which made me smile. She took her hands off my shoulders and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. Okay, maybe this isn't so bad.

We walked for a few more minutes until Momo stopped.

"Okay, you can take off your blindfold now."

I took off my blindfold and slightly winced since my my eyes had to adjust to the light. But once they did, I was in total awe.

We were at a huge open clearing which was on top of a cliff. There was fairy lights hung on the trees surrounding the clearing and multiple picnic blankets too. The rest of the class were already there with a bunch of picnic baskets.

"Hey! There you guys are!" Denki, who was sitting next to Shinsou (who was there since he's dating Denki and joining the class next year. No, he's not replacing Mineta. I feel kinda bad for him...kinda), shouted when he saw us. The others turned around too.

"Fucking finally! Took you long enough," Bakugo rolled his eyes and Kirishima tried to calm him down. Me and Momo chuckled.

We sat down on the picnic blanket next to Tsu and Uraraka. I looked around and saw that almost everyone was sitting with their significant others, sharing the picnic blankets as well.

"Are you guys hungry? We still have some sandwiches and chocolate cake," Uraraka offered.

"Sure." What can I say, I was hungry.

I grabbed one of the sandwiches from the picnic basket and took a bite into it.

"Wow, these are really good," I said while still munching on the sandwich.

"Yea, Bakugo and Momo made them for everyone. Sato made the cake *kero*."

"Mmmmm. These are great babe." I turned my head to face Momo.

"Thanks but Bakugo did most of it. I just helped," Momo is as modest as ever.

"Wow, for an Angry Pomeranian, he sure knows how to cook." Everyone laughed.

"What'd you say Ears?!?" Bakugo shouted. He sat next to us with Todoroki and Midoriya.

"You heard me Boom Boom Boy," I smirked.

"Calm down Kat. Ji-bro's just joking." Once again Kiri came to the rescue by taming his angry boyfriend.

"Tch. I'll get you next time."

"I'm counting on it."

"The friendship/sibling relationship you have with Kacchan is almost as confusing as me and his friendship," Deku said, which is a valid point.

"Since when were we friends, nerd?"

"Oh don't even act like we aren't, Kacchan. We're almost second years, just accept it already,"

Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"At least their friendship's getting better. If Midoriya said that at the start of the year, he'd be blown into pieces already" I whispered to Momo. She giggled.

It's true though. How far we've come since the 1st day of school is pretty awesome.
~•••~
(Time skip to 11:59)

We spent almost 2 hours eating and talking about stuff. School, family, this year, our quirk development, our relationships, etc.

Then it came to the final countdown. The whole class started counting-down as loud as we could.

"10"

"9"

"8"

"7"

"6"

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!"

Then, the fireworks went off. Beautiful explosions of colour everywhere. It was honestly amazing.

I felt a hand under my chin. The familiar warmth made it pretty obvious who it was. Well, to me, at least. My head turned to face my stunning girlfriend. Her dark and magical eyes putting me at complete ease. She inched closer and closer to my face until our foreheads and noses touched.

"Happy new years babe," she breathed out those words.

Suddenly, all the noise around was sut out. All I could focus on was this amazing and beautiful girl in front of me.

She pressed her lips against mine. It was full of love and passion. But what I felt the most was care. The care that made me feel worth it, like I was needed in this world. The reason I fell in love with her to begin with all those months ago. I embraced the warmth and kissed her back with just as much emotion.

Once we eventually had to pull apart, I leaned my body against Momo's. I looked around and saw everyone was so happy, hugging and cheering and laughing. I looked back ahead and admired the view of the fireworks.

The thought of spending the next 1 or 2 years with these guys...I couldn't be more grateful.
~•••~
A/N: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!

I'm posting this at exactly 12:01 a.m. in my country so if I'm early or late, I apologise.

This and the previous chapter were very fluffy and I enjoyed writing them both :) I'm not that great at writing angst but I have been practicing so there may be an angst chapter coming soon. Maybe.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed as much as I did making it!

-Happy new year! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💝