e l e v e n

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

NEW ARRIVAL
' it's gonna be over soon. then, we can sleep for an entire day. '

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for-" Mike walked up to the mystery girl as Ashley stared.
"353 days. I heard."
"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"
"Because I wouldn't let her. The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper hugged Eleven, surprising everyone.
"Where have you been?" She answered back.
"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike was angry, and Hopper was trying to remain cool.
"Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper and Mike left to go into another room as Eleven caught up with her other friends.
"So that's Eleven?" Ashley whispered to Steve in the corner.
"I'm guessing." He whispered back. Ashley frowned.
"What do you mean, you're guessing?"
"I've never seen her before either. Remember, I was brought into this later than everyone else." Steve explained. She sighed and lay her head low in fatigue. Steve used his hand to lift her chin up. "It's gonna be over soon. Then, we can sleep for an entire day." He joked.
"I don't think I'll ever sleep again. Nightmares for life." Ash chuckled at her own joke.
"How about I have a sleepover at yours? Just for the first night, if you want?" He suggested. "Then, we can protect each other." Steve smiled.
"I'd like that. My mom's never home anyways, so."
"When this is all done... I don't know- would, never mind." He sighed.
"Would you like to be my boyfriend?" Ashley finished for him. Steve's eyes lit up as she bit her lip in excitement.
"I'd love to." He kissed the top of her forehead.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." Hopper began, as everyone crowded back around the table.
"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected. Hopper was already close to snapping due to the tension.
"I'm sorry, what?"
"I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together. It sounds pretty badass."
"How is this important right now?" Hopper groaned.
"It's not. I'm sorry." Dustin apologised and backed away from the table a little. Ashley sent him a little smile, and received a weak one back.
"I can do it." Eleven joined in.
"You're not hearing me."
"I'm hearing you. I can do it."
"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike tried to explain.
"I thought that was the whole point."
"It is, but if we're really right about this, I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army."
"Will's a part of that army."
"Closing the gate will kill him." Ashley rubbed her eyes, and temple as the night continued. I'm usually asleep by now, she thought.
"He likes it cold."
"What?"
"It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold. We keep giving it what it wants." They all walked into Will's room, and saw him sleeping under the now closed window.
"If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..."
"Then we need to make the host uninhabitable."
"So if he likes it cold..."
"We need to burn it out of him."

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·