f o u r

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

ONE BIG LIZARD
' excuse me, I thought you were doing drugs, not hiding a secret alien! '

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

She walked down and knocked on the door. Mr Wheeler answered, looking tired. "Hello, Mr Wheeler, is Mike in?" Ashley asked.
"Umm, no?" He looked confused as to why a grown teenager was asking where his young son was.
"Do you know where he is?" She maintained her smiled and realised Dustin was talking to Steve at the top of the garden. Why does he have roses, she asked herself.
"No." Ted simply answered. Ashley said goodbye as she ran back up to Dustin.
"Not in." Dustin cursed as she looked at Steve with confusion. "Does he know?" She pointed at Steve.
"Yes, yes he knows." Dustin sighed. "Do you still have that bat?"
"What bat? And how come she knows?" Steve pointed back at Ashley.
"Because she helped me trap the demo dog earlier! C'mon, Steve, I need to know whether you have the bat with nails." Dustin groaned.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"So, you're like 100% sure this isn't a lizard?" Steve asked.
"Yes."
"Well, how do you know that?" Steve asked again.
"Because it's face opened up and it ate my cat!" Dustin shouted, causing the whole car to go silent again.
"And, somehow, Daphne is in this situation because..." Ashley frowned at what he called her.
"My names not Da-"
"Because she was being a nosey neighbour!" Dustin yelled again.
"Excuse me, I thought you were doing drugs, not hiding a secret alien! I was just trying to look out for you because I was bored!" Ashley bit back. She saw her driveway empty again. Mom's working late, she thought. They pulled up to Dustin's house, and sheepishly walked up to the doors. They stared at the darkness below.
"He must be further down there. I'll stay up here just in case he tries to escape." Ashley and Steve both turned their heads to look at Dustin, and finally at each other as they walked down together.
"Listen, I know your names not Daphne, it was just a spur of the moment joke slash nickname."
"Please stop talking, Steve." She whispered. Steve reached out for the light and as it turned on, Ashley jumped. She turned and looked around, and saw Steve pick up this skin like thing. It was dripping with liquid, and Ashley couldn't help but feel disgusted. Steve shouted for Dustin, and watched as Ashley used her flashlight to look down the tunnel that went on forever.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·