|Chapter One|

I hope you like this :D I've been writing since December when I went on holiday :D

Overrated.

2011 © All rights Reserved to D.S Lemonius.

Chapter One.

"OW Janie! Be Careful with that!" I told her. She battered me with her bags of her handcrafted mini sculptures and her replica of the Eiffel tower, horizontal. She couldn't quite figure out where her new assigned art class was causing her frustration.

"Sorry Krissy," Janie said sweetly, her blue eyes glistened in the light that streamed through a near by window. She turned around again and hit me in the side.

"Jeez. Batter me the very last freaking lesson of the day!" Wow, she really is on edge around exams; major or minor. It was just summer school. Exams and lessons mean nothing...at least to me. Janie was lucky; she was actually bothered to do all the worst subjects and only had to do Art and English.

The lesson bell rang and Janie practically jumped out of her baby pink t-shirt and shorts. "Oh gosh." She whimpered.

"Keep calm, Janie. Your art is awesome so just get to class." I told her, knowing that she was one of those people who would never accept compliments even though they're true but it made her smile a bit.

"Thanks," she muttered, blushing. Janie. Sweet sensitive little Janie. I watched my small blond friend's hair mix with the crowd as if she were being swallowed. Our school was like that; there were so many cliques and trends that it was hard not to be sucked into it all. Luckily, I kept myself and Janie grounded.

I sighed. The last lesson of the day was algebra, Algebra for crying out loud! I turned around unwillingly and bumped into a huge form. Stumbling back, strong hands gripped the top of my arms; not hard but gentle in a µway, like he knew I bruised like a peach. I looked up at him, assuming he was a he.

Beautiful chocolate brown eyes stared down at me in wonder and everything slowed down I felt myself being swept off my feet. How is that possible?! He was just holding me, holding me so carefully just like...NO! I stopped my mind wondering off to those old memories. I didn't want those painful images to take away my focus on this beautiful stranger. This guy's face looked as pale as chalk but so soft and smooth. It took all of my will power not to just reach up and caress his cheek.

The boys face suddenly changed; it grew hard and unfriendly. "For goodness' sake, Can't you watch where you're going?!" he yelled at me pushing me back a bit. What the hell?! It was an accident! I could feel my face flush my hands start to shake. I was angry. No one speaks to me like that! Everybody here knows not to make me angry simply because I can't contain myself. If you didn't know that...well it's your funeral.