|Chapter Fifteen|

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the extremely long wait! I had major writters block :(

Enjoy though!

Midnight XXXX

_____________________

Chapter Fifteen

My heart was beating fast all the way home as I held the little turtle in my hands. I missed my bus because I ran into both Jason and Sam so I had to go by foot. Every now and again I’d look down at the turtle and see the writing and my heart would instantly swell the beat even faster in my chest. I could feel my face had turned red. Why did a little turtle with a bit of writing make me feel like this? Was I embarrassed that little Lyssa thinks we like each other? Was it the fact that I half believed that it wasn’t actually Lyssa or Amanda who made it?

There was something up with Sam when he came back to give me the present. It was almost as if he was pissed off by Jason’s presence. Did they know each other?

I was a few metres away from the dull white painted building I call home when I saw a crowd outside. Walking a little faster, I saw the children and teens in the care home and a few police officers hauling someone away from the house. The person was a woman with big brown hair; I automatically recognised who they were.

“I have to speak with her! I have to!” my mum screamed as she struggled against the grips of the police officers.

I saw Gina emerge from the crowd with a red face that she had when she was angry; there was always a vein that would pop out when she was mad and you could probably see it from a mile away. “You have no right to speak to her! You gave that up when you abandoned her!”

The others cheered in agreement with Gina and I quickly ran to the gates to make myself known. My mum saw me and began to fight harder against the police who were dragging her to the car. “Kristine! Kristine! Please let me speak to her!” she was hysterical. Her make-up was smeared all over her face, her cloths were torn and her heels were broken. I’d never seen her like this. The last time she visited, she wasn’t half as bad as she was now.

There seemed to be a confrontation, showing by both hers and Gina’s red faces, I assumed it was between them.

Calmly, I walked closer to the house to the children and Gina. Instantly, the children ran to my side; Kiara grasped my leg trying to hide away from the horrible shouting. “What do you want mum?”

“No Krissy, you don’t have to get answers from her. She doesn’t deserve your time of day.” Gina told me, gently moving kids out of the way to stand on my left side.

For once in my life I wanted to hear what my mum had to say. I was afraid I’d miss something important that she could tell me.

 “I want to hear her.” I told Gina. She stared at me for a moment, searching for any hint of doubt in my eyes. She slowly nodded to the officers.

The officers reluctantly let her free and she staggered closer to us. The older boys lingered around as if they were going to be protecting me and I felt Kiara’s grip on my leg tighten. “Kristine, I want you to be safe. I want you to be happy but I’m no longer aloud to make that happen-” she began.

It was the bitter child from three years ago inside me who interrupted her. “Yeah, you gave that up when you hit me and took a vacation!” I clamped my hand over my mouth. I didn’t want to say that in front of so many people, it just came out.

My mum looked like she had been stabbed in the heart as those words escaped my lips. “I-I-I know Kristine, I shouldn’t have and if I could take it all back, believe me I would. I owe you so much that I should start now. Can’t I speak to you in private?”