8 - Mr Loverman

Dream's POV
TW: Death and Themes of Suicide

  I walked out of the portal and started towards the community house. I didn't know where the hell Tommy would've gone. I didn't think he'd run after I set off the TNT. He didn't seem like he was in a position to run.

  I looked towards the path to the lake, hoping to catch Val walking from her house. Sadly, no one came down the path. I hadn't seen her since the day that I took my stuff from her house. I wouldn't dare talk to her, but I missed seeing her around, her brown hair getting caught in the wind as she walked to L'manberg or her quick smiles to people on the path. Maybe she was avoiding me.

  I looked over to L'manberg and saw the growing place of El Rapids. Had she moved there to be with George and Sapnap? It wouldn't surprise me if she had. She never liked being alone. That's why she used to spend so much time at the community house.

  Curiosity got the best of me and I started walking towards El Rapids. I passed Tommy's changed house and started to worry about where he had went. If he made an attempt to get back into the Dream SMP, I'd have no choice but to kill him. I didn't particularly want to kill Tommy, despite popular belief.

  He was dealing with the opposite side of what had pushed my friends away. He was dealing with punishment for trying to hurt my friends. No matter how many times I was asked, I wouldn't explain why I cared so much about George's house being burnt down. I had claimed that Tommy's harsh punishment was because of his position of power. That wasn't entirely true.

  Only one day before Tommy attacked George's house, Val had gone there with Sapnap. She was left alone there because the pain from her burns was acting up and Sapnap left to find something to help. She had been left alone, defenseless in George's bed. If she wasn't hurt, she could've very easily defended herself, but she couldn't really move. If Tommy had burnt George's house one day earlier, Val could've died.

  It would've sounded ridiculous to everyone around me and Val would've immediately shut it down, wanting to keep Tommy safe, so I didn't tell anyone that was my reasoning.

  I looked over at the improving L'manberg and smiled a bit. Tubbo was doing his best to keep everything under control. I just knew that Val was proud of him for what he'd accomplished. She must've talked to him about that so many times with all of the visits she made to L'manberg.

  I started approaching El Rapids and hesitated. Would it really be a good idea for me to even ask? Val had to have been so much happier without me. Maybe I shouldn't bother.

  I looked up to El Rapids and started climbing. I couldn't keep my curiosity under control. When I got to the top, I looked at the pyramid shape in the center. I hadn't been here in a long time.

  "Dream, what are you doing here?" Sapnap startled me.

  I turned to him. "Uh-" I didn't know how to go about asking.

  "Well, spit it out." He pestered impatiently with his arms crossed.

  I couldn't blame him. "I wanted to know if Val had become a citizen here too. I haven't seen her in a week."

  Sapnap's arms uncrossed and he looked past me.

  I turned around to see George standing there, concern taking over his features. "You haven't seen her either?"

  I shook my head, now getting a bit concerned. "I haven't heard from anyone about her either."

  Sapnap pulled his sleeve up and looked at the two lines on his wrist. "You don't think..."