2 - Wrecking Ball

"George! Look out!" I pushed George to the side when I saw the rain of arrows headed towards him. I looked up at the tower where they had rained from and saw Tommy's small figure aiming an arrow at me.

  I felt my heart break a bit when I saw Tubbo's mess of brown hair standing behind Tommy. He was looking down at me as well with his bow slowly lowering.

  I frowned and looked away from him.

  Dream glanced at me before giving us his next orders. "We're retreating."

  "What? We can take them!" Sapnap complained.

  "I have a plan." Dream started to back up into the woods behind us. "Come on."

  George started running into the forest and I followed him. I was pretty sure we were headed towards L'manberg and started worrying as to what the plan was. I walked next to Dream. "What are we doing?"

  He wouldn't look at me. "You're not gonna like it."

  I bunched my eyebrows together. "Dream, what are we doing?"

  He still wouldn't face me as he continued walking forward. "Eret is leading them to our ambush."

  I stopped walking next to him. "What?"

  He took a deep breath and stopped to look back at me. "You're not coming."

  I couldn't tell if I was more relieved or angry. "What do you mean I'm not coming?" I started walking to catch up with him.

  "Wilbur will want to bargain once they've lost all they have. I need you at their wall, hiding. You'll be there when they return." Dream gave me my orders.

  "But-" I tried to argue.

  He cut me off and pulled me to the side away from the others. He moved his mask slightly so that he could whisper to me. "Val, you don't want to be there. I know you don't. You don't have to prove yourself to any of us."

I looked at him a moment before nodding. "Be safe, yeah?"

I could see him smile a bit. "I always am." He caught up to the others and I started making my way to the walls of L'manberg. I could see the large black walls come into view and noticed the group of L'manberg's people approaching the back of the wall. They were laughing and seeming to enjoy themselves. They were almost celebrating.

Eret's head turned and he clearly noticed me. His cold stare behind his sunglasses made me hide myself behind a tree. I sat down and started to think over what all was going on.

-=-

"Val!" Sapnap started calling for me.

I stood up to look for him. "Yeah? I'm here!"

He appeared next to me with a grin and offered a hand. "Come on."

I hesitantly took it. "What's going on?"

Sapnap lead me towards the wall where I could see Dream with Wilbur. "Dream was just negotiating with Wilbur. We'll see what's going on."

George stood at the entrance to L'manberg with his bow at the ready. Sapnap released my hand and I continued to follow him to the entrance where I was beginning to hear the conversation.

"Independence or death!" Wilbur raised his voice, rallying his men. "If we get no revolution, then we want nothing. We would rather die than give into you and join your SMP, Dream."

I stood at the entrance behind George and looked at the situation. Dream was standing next to a piece of TNT ready to be lit while Fundy, Tommy, Tubbo, and Wilbur stood in a line in front of him. Wilbur continued his speech. "You can blow up one piece of TNT in our door all you want. It means nothing to us."