4 - Oh Ana

Dream's POV

I looked over at Val as she switched out the bandages on her abdomen. She looked up and smiled at me. "What are you looking at?"

I frowned a bit. "Val, you're not planning on going out are you?"

Her smile dropped and she shook her head. "No. I'm not." She looked out the window. "Why are you fighting on Schlatt's side?"

I raised an eyebrow at her, surprised by the question. "He was lawfully elected."

She nodded.

I went over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong? Is it Tubbo?"

She held my hand, but wouldn't look at me. "I guess."

I didn't know what to say to her. She had put all of her effort into keeping Tubbo safe while he worked under Schlatt because she believed he didn't have his support system anymore and here I was going out to fight him. I still didn't know what happened that day that she lost a life. She stopped at nothing to make sure no one told me.

"Dream, you ready?" Sapnap asked from behind me.

I turned to see him in his armor, ready to fight Pogtopia. I nodded and walked over to him.

"Please be safe, you two." Val turned to smile at us.

I nodded.

Sapnap gave her a thumbs up. "No dying. Got it."

I shook my head at him and started towards the door. Sapnap said something to Val before following me out.

We began walking down the Prime Path towards L'Manberg and Sapnap kept glancing at me. "What?" I chuckled.

He looked over again. "Well, I'm just surprised you said nothing to her."

I shook my head at him and felt heat rise to my cheeks.

"You're gonna have to tell her. You're practically already dating." Sapnap rolled his eyes at me.

I scoffed. "Yeah, on the day that I'm going out to fight her friends I'll just casually say 'by the way I'm in love with you anyways off to go kill the guy you spent weeks keeping safe.' Do you think I'm that dumb?"

"I didn't mean today!" Sapnap complained. "Just fucking kiss her already because you're already forcing everyone around you to third wheel."

"Why are we talking about this now?" I groaned.

"It's the only time you're away from her." He pointed out. "You're constantly with her helping her treat her wounds which she won't even tell you how she got. She can't take a hint with romantics, but at least she knows not to accidentally send you on a kill order."

I sighed. "This isn't important right now, Sapnap."

He rolled his eyes at me again. "Yeah, yeah."

-=-

I felt like I was invincible as I shot arrows at the people of Pogtopia while they couldn't get a hit on me. The chaos around me made me smile. It was just what I wanted to see.

Sapnap took off with Karl after Techno and I spotted Quackity fleeing. He was in the perfect spot for me to corner him.

I pointed my crossbow at him and got his attention as I heard the explosions of Techno's fireworks behind me. "Any last words?"

"Why the hell are you fighting on the side of the man who gave the order for Val to be killed? Are you that heartless?" Quackity yelled at me, seemingly not caring about my crossbow.