𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 || 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

After that night, there was a lot of tension between me and Stan. We barely talked, silently agreeing that it was the result of too much caffeine and hormones.

The day started off all to familiar when I hummed in the kitchen, getting ready for my friends. I had stayed home with cramps, while Richie stayed to keep me company. Richie was being oddly helpful, helping me bake the chocolate chip cookies he had begged me to make- my specialty.

We were goofing off as we waited for them to cook, singing horribly and laughing every five seconds. Richie was doing his solo when Eddie and Bill came in, probably wishing they were anywhere else.

"Hey guys," I said, laughing as Richie turned around, a sheepish grin on his face.

"That was great, when's the album coming out?" Eddie teased him, while Bill laughed quietly.

Richie threw a chocolate chip at him, sighing. "It was probably good enough to have one, right?"

Eddie and I exchanged amused looks.

"So where's Stan and Bev?" I asked, turning around to get the bag of chocolate chips so I could eat out of the bag.

"T-they ar-aren't h-here y-y-yet?" Bill asked.

"Were they supposed to be?" I wondered, giving Richie an alarmed glance.

"I'm sure your boyfriend is fine," He said, rolling his eyes.

"He isn't my boyfriend," I mumble.

"Yeah!" Bev cut in, appearing in the doorway suddenly. "She's my girlfriend!"

I giggled and nodded, moving to stand beside her. She shuffled behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist, resting her head on my shoulder. "We're so happy together too," she sighed jokingly.

"I'm so proud of you, Y/N," Richie continued the joke, teasingly sniffing and wiping his eyes. 

"I know I know, we're so brave," I agreed, nodding seriously.

She chuckled and moved away, and I went to the cabinet to grab a glass, listening as The Losers started to talk. But of course I wasn't careful, so the glass slipped between my hand and shattered on the ground, making me wince. "Sorry. I hope Mom doesn't kill me."

"All good!" Richie assured, stepping back to grab a rag. "She won't have to know."

I rolled my eyes and bent down to pick the glass pieces up, immediately scrambling backwards with a muffled gasp of shock.

"Did you cut yourself?" Eddie asked, looking down worriedly. "If you did, I could help."

I didn't answer, staring at the glass in disbelief. I knew what I saw, it wasn't a trick of the light or my imagination. I had seen the reflection of a clown, right in the pile, clear as day. It was ugly, misshapen, but there was no denying. It was a clown.

"Hey!" Richie yelled, snapping his fingers in front of my face. "Are you alright? You better not have cut yourself, or else Mom's gonna blame me. And I'm not dying, not today."

"Y-yeah," I stammered. "I'm fine."

"Good. Now help me clean this up and then we'll wait for Stan to show up, then we'll like, play some games or something."

I nodded in agreement, standing up shakily. I picked the glass up quickly, dumping it into the garbage without a care. I was probably lucky I didn't end up with a cut, but that was the least of my problems right now.

changing it a lot, are we? i certainly think it's better like this

edited: wednesday, march 9th, 2022