𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 || 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

Biking to a new school in 100 degree weather isn't what I had imagined for my first day. Although, I didn't know what I expected. Being Richie Tozier's sister often brought things I wasn't prepared for.

And of course my loving brother had decided to ditch me for his friends instead of making sure I knew the way to school. Typical. Luckily for him, I had been this way a few times, so I knew the way. He lives another day

I narrowed my eyes as the school came into view, and I got ready for whatever trauma I would have to endure. I put my bike in one of the bike-holders they had and stood there for a minute, glaring at the front door. Really I was just looking for my brother, praying he would walk over any minute to welcome me to my new school.

Unfortunately I wasn't that lucky. 

I sigh and walk in, keeping my head down. I heard whispers as I walked to the office to get my schedule and locker number and combination. I ignored them the best I could. Acting like I didn't care would be better then proving I really did. 

I went up to the office and cleared my throat to get the woman's attention.

"Hi dear, how can I help you?" She smiled at me.

"I need my uh- my schedule and locker stuff," I mumble.

"Name?"

Before I could tell her, another voice spoke up. "Y/N Tozier, the one and only."

"Richie, really?" I groan, turning to glare at him. "Where were you 15 minutes ago when I needed you then?" I ignored the three boys behind him, arms crossed, as I waited.

"Someone has to look after these guys," He said with a grin, gesturing to who I assumed were his friends.

"And that would be you?" One of them scoffed, the short black-head.

"Well no shit, Eddie," Richie said, giving him a smug smile.

"It would be Stan or Bill, not you," The kid who was apparently named Eddie said.

"N-no way. S-S-Stan is m-more of a l-leader then I-I am," The nervous-looking guy with brown hair said.

The last one, a guy with dirty blond curly hair, a iron-pressed shirt tucked into kaki pants, snorted. "Oh sure, because I'm such a leader, aren't I?" He muttered sarcastically. His brown eyes flicked over me for a second before going back to Richie.

"O-kaaaaaaay, maybe none of us are cut out to be a leader, big deal," Richie said with a shrug.

I was silent, my gaze resting on each one of his friends. Eddie was arguing with Richie over something, while Bill watched, a small smile on his face. Stan was leaning against the counter, bored. He was fixed on me, his expression unreadable.

"Here you go, dear," The woman behind the counter said, handing me two pieces of paper.

I took them, nodding a thanks before walking away. 

"Hey, you aren't getting rid of us that easily!" Richie yelled, hurrying after me with his posse following behind, exchanging looks.

Eddie and Richie fell in beside me while Bill and Stan walked behind us. 

"You're my sister, therefore, you're part of the Losers Club," Richie said, glancing down at me.

"What the hell is the Losers Club?" I huff.

"Us," Stan said from behind me.

"W-w-we were g-given t-the nick-nickname b-because-"

"Because you're losers?" I guess with a smirk.

"More or less," Eddie shrugged.

I went quiet, thinking. If I said yes, I would have 3 new friends, plus my brother.. They all seemed nice enough, anyway. I didn't see why I should say no.

"Fine then," I say after a while.

"Welcome to the Losers Club, little sis," Richie said, smiling down at me.

After maybe 4 boring classes, I checked my schedule again. 

"Finally, lunch," I cheered to Eddie, who had history with me and was walking next to me.

"This should be good," Eddie snickered. "You get to see how bad we can actually be."

"Oh, that's promising," I mutter sarcastically.

"I mean how lame and nerdy we can be," He said quickly, correcting the way he had made it sound.

"I live with Richie, do you not think I already know?" I pointed out.

"I mean yeah but.. y'know, the rest of us.."

"Guess I'll be listening to you all be lame and nerdy then," I say, winking at him as we walked into the cafeteria. 

I spotted the Losers instantly, but of course, Richie had to go and be weird about it, gesturing us over. Or, at least, I thought he was gesturing. He looked like a monkey having a stroke, but I wasn't going to say anything about it when me and Eddie sat down.

"It's so weird having a girl sitting with us," Stan said, eyeing me with an unreadable look.

"Wow, you don't have girls over here a lot? Shocking," I said snarkily.

Stan rolled his eyes and looked down. Bill swapped a look with Richie, while Eddie poked his pasta with his fork.

"I-" I tried to say, but was interrupted by Bill.

"I-it's.. n-no one wants to b-be apart of the club bec-cause of H-H-Henry Bowers."

"Henry Bowers?" I ask, mildly curious.

"Shut up, he might hear you," Stan hissed, glaring at me. I glared back before looking back at Bill.

"T-the s-school bully. T-t-the one w-w-w-who g-gave us o-our n-n-name."

"Pfftt, you're kidding, right? There's nothing wrong with you guys, with the exception of Richie, who wouldn't want to friends with you guys?"

"Apparently no one," Eddie said, shrugging. "But we kind of embraced the name, using it against them. If they want to call us Losers, we'll be Losers."

Everyone else nodded in agreement, and I tilted my head a bit. "That's actually funny," I commented. "It's like a middle finger to them."

"That's what we wanted to do," Eddie said, smiling at me.

I smiled back, letting myself notice how cute his dimples were.

"Finally free!" I sang as we walked out of school. My first day wasn't that bad at all.

"So what's the plan for today?" Eddie asked as we got on our bikes.

"Quarry?" Stan suggested.

"OR we can go to my house, watch horror movies and eat a shit load of food until t'night, then go to the Quarry," Richie said with a shrug.

"Then we gotta go home to get clothes and stuff," Eddie huffed.

"G-g-guess we're staying t-the nig-night now," Bill chuckled.

"Yep!" Richie said as we left.

"G-Georgie w-wanted m-m-m-me to h-help him ma-make a b-boat fo-for when it r-rains, b-but it c-c-can wait." Bill was gazing at the road in front of him.

"It's fine, Bill- you can go if you-" Eddie started.

"N-no, it's f-f-fine," Bill assured him.

Eddie shrugged and grinned suddenly, yelling, "RACE YA!"

I smiled and raced after the others. 

going back and editing after a year or two is so weird, because i'm noticing a lot of details i wouldn't add nowadays. it's crazy

edited: wednesday, march 9th, 2022