𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

After the weekend, we went back to school. We rode to school together, laughing and cracking jokes the whole time. I felt especially close to Stan; after he opened up about his mother, I ignored what he previously said and felt sorry for him anyways, so I hung out with him more. Out of all the Losers, he was the closest to me and the one I considered my best friend.

When we got to school, we fell into the familiar formation. Eddie and Richie beside me, Bill and Stan behind us. We walked to our lockers, talking about whatever came to mind, until we stopped to sit on the stairs where we usually sat. We would talk there until our classes started.

I listened as the guys argued over who would win, Hulk or Superman, watching the people as they walked around or past us. I arched my eyebrow as someone caught my eye- a ginger-headed girl who was walking towards us, looking nervous.

"Uh, hi guys," She greeted us, stopping a little bit away. 

The Losers stopped talking, four pairs of eyes landing on her, ranging from hostile to curious. Richie and Eddie glaring at her, while Stan narrowed his eyes and tilted his head slightly. Only Bill looked friendly, smiling and waving.

"Hi," I said carefully.

"I-I'm Beverly Marsh. I was wondering if I could sit with you."

I exchanged a quick look with Stan, who looked hesitant and unenthusiastic about the idea. He moved down to sit next to me, raising his eyes to the girl in front of him, a challenging look in his eyes.

"Sure," Bill said, the smile on his face never faltering once.

She sat down and began to talk with Bill, Eddie, and Richie, looking comfortable in the middle of our group. Stan stared at her, his expression unreadable, until he looked down at me and whispered, "Beverly Marsh as in the girl who.. y'know.."

I nodded, shooting her a glare and moving closer to Stan. "Probably. I don't want her here, trying to seduce my brother and friends."

"Is that what she's doing, though?" He breathed, his brown eyes fixed on her again.

"What?" I asked, surprised. I spoke a bit loud, and the others gave me odd glances before picking their conversation back up.

"I mean, she could just be trying to make friends. After the rumors that went around school, everyone started hating her and avoiding her. Last I checked, she didn't have a single friend." He didn't take his eyes off her as he explained.

I hummed, narrowing my eyes thoughtfully. She seemed to fit right in with the Losers, easily sliding into the conversation with her own input. Plus, if another girl joined the group, maybe people would stop whispering.

I turned to her and smiled. "Hi, I'm Y/N. I've seen you around school before, you seem pretty cool."

She smiled and nodded. "I've seen you too. I really hope we can be friends."

"Oh, I bet we can be."

I sat down at our table in the cafeteria, talking casually with Eddie as we waited for the others. Bill came first, followed by Richie, but Stan was no where to be found.

"He didn't leave, did he?" Eddie asked worriedly.

"Eddie, it's Stan we're talking about. He wouldn't leave school even if he was dying," Richie pointed out.

"He's walking Bev to class," I explained. "He wanted to help her past the Bowers gang."

"So you sent him?" Richie asked skeptically, rolling his eyes. "You may as well have sent Eddie if you wanted to send someone weak."

"Hey!" Eddie protested, hurt.

"I hope they didn't hurt him," I muttered, ignoring Richie's comment.

"Why don't you ask him? There's Stan the Man himself!" Richie announced, gesturing to the door.

"Hey guys," I greeted casually. "How was avoiding Bowers and his gang of wannabes?"

Stan shrugged and sat down. "It was fine, they pretty much ignored us."

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" Beverly asked.

"N-no, i-it's fine," Bill said, scooting over.

Eddie had to smoosh closer to me to fit all of us on the small seat, and he muttered a quiet "Sorry," because of that. I gave him a smile to show it was fine.

"Sorry if I'm intruding, it's just.. you guys are the first people to be nice to me after the rumors, and I just.. I enjoy having friends again," She gushed, smiling at us.

"It's alright!" I assured her. "We don't mind."

"I-I'm sure I-I speak f-f-for ev-everyone w-w-when I say-"

"Welcome to the Losers Club," Stan finished, smiling at her softly.

OOOOoooooOooOoOOoOo angst, yum

yes i know i said i wouldn't change it much, but i hate how i made Y/N act towards Bev before i edited it. it had to be changed

edited: wednesday, march 9th, 2022