~Prologue, Part 1~

The wind picked up, and it started howling... loud enough to where everyone inside the restaurant heard it. Even with the candlelights brightening up the date, it was obviously looking pretty gruesome outside, and that wasn't good news at all... especially with a certain couple sitting near the window.

Felicity fidgeted in her seat, knowing better than to ask Oliver not to go on his annual trip with his father. But, the storm spoke for itself. It wasn't looking good at all, so maybe the trip would be cancelled anyway.

Oliver could see Felicity squirming, and he knew what she was going to say, but he was stubborn, and this trip with his father was the one thing he was looking forward to since everything happened. Maybe he would get answers...

"I know this is selfish, Oliver... But, don't go." Felicity looked at him with this saddened smile, begging him to change his mind. But, she knew deep down that he wouldn't stay. Not even for her.

"Felicity." Oliver sighed her name like it was a lullaby, while taking hold of her hand across the table.

"I'll come back." He promised, squeezing her hand, and looking into those beautiful blue eyes that were on the verge of tears.

"But this storm..." She started, but he squeezed her hand even tighter, causing her to clamp her mouth shut and to just look at him.

"I'll be back in two weeks, Felicity." Oliver smiled.

"Promise me?" She asked, just wanting reassurance, anything to take her mind off this storm.

Oliver just kissed her hand in response, and just the mere brush of his lips on her hand gave her feelings like no other. It sent a spark throughout her entire body, and he felt it too, as if they were destined to find each other.

"I'll never forget the first day I met you. I've never been able to completely trust someone. And, when that goes on for so long, you stop seeing people for people... But then I walked into your office. You were the first person I could see as a... person. There was just something about you." Oliver looked at her with that smoldered look that could make her lose focus of anything.

"Yeah, I was chewing a pen." She laughed, remembering that day exactly.

"It was red." Oliver smirked, remembering that day too... How could he forget the blonde IT girl that changed his world forever?

Felicity widened her eyes at this, not believing that he actually remembered the color of the pen she was so nervously chewing on that day. But, what surprised her more is when Oliver got up out of his seat, and kneeled before her.

"Felicity Meghan Smoak... Who knew some blonde IT girl, that is obsessed with red by the way, could change my life?" Oliver grinned from ear to ear, looking up at the girl who was now allowing happy tears to slip from her eyes.

"Oliver, are you-?" She began, but he put his hand up.

"You talk too much too." He laughed, which made her laugh too.

"I'll stop talking now." Felicity giggled, looking down at the man who stolen her heart, and had learned to take her breath away.

"That would be my preference." Oliver sighed, grabbing hold of her hand once more.

"You are my light, Felicity. You have never given up hope in me, and for that, I love you. And, I want you to marry me, to be my light for the rest of time." Oliver finished, pulling out a box with the most beautiful ring that Felicity had ever seen in her entire life.

And for once, Felicity was left speechless. She couldn't even babble senselessly. But, fortunately for Oliver, she knew how to smile and nod. She whispered "yes," somewhere in those nods, and Oliver laughed as he pulled the ring out of the box. Felicity was crying by the time Oliver placed the ring on her finger, and had pulled her up into a hug.