Maxon's Story

Chapter 19

"Please do. And fast I need to worn my mate, Brandon before he goes to fight you or your soulless body." I said staring at him.

"Well let me start from the beginning... When Jaxon and I were born only one of us could have a wolf. Since our father had killed witches too, one cursed us. Twins could only have one wolf so the other died. I was born with Maxon a strong alpha which with my weak soul mad it hard. But I would have lived if Jaxon hadn't tricked my mate a witch into believe I was the evil on. She switch us so he had Maxon, which in the process my soul still weak. Now without the strength of the alpha wolf I dead. Jaxon has my body and wolf but he killed my mate right after that. She lives here with me now but is out to see family. Jaxon is strong but he killed his mate a witch so Maxon is a bit weaker. I hope you can stop this madness. I'm proud to know Mathew was born before his mother was murdered. It helped stop this madness a bit." He finished.

"Wait but Mathew killed Jaxon." I remembered Darren's story.

"Well no I thought I did. But my filthy father seems to have made a witch cast a spell. I killed a rogue that looked like him. I found out later when I came here and could see my father living." Mathew stood by the door with his wife and daughter and her husband.

"That is the truth, Grace." Maxon said looking at me.

"Thank you. I hope my mate will finish this once and for all." I smiled and without a goodbye closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to see I was alone in our bed. I turn to see it was not midnight yet. I got out of bed and ran toward the scent of fresh rain and apples. I found him in the kitchen silently sitting at the table with Bryan, Max, Angela, Daisy, Travis, James, Nick, & Andrew. They all looked up in surprised to see me except Brandon.

"Well, what you find out in the after life?" Brandon asked.

"What?! After life?!" Angela yelled in shock.

I first explain the first time in the after life, which they all accepted. Then I told the everything I just learned from Maxon. When I finished the story everyone was shocked. I was sitting in Brandon's lap and watching as the men discussed the plans and Angela just looked at Max worried.

"Enough! We will continue as planned. Everyone go home and be with you loved ones. Meet at midnight in the clearing." Brandon used his alpha voice making all of them leave.

"It's just us now..." I whispered hating his alpha voice.

"Sweetie... I wasn't trying to yell at you... They need to shut up and leave... I only have an hour before midnight." Brandon said with a sad expression.

"Come on." I placed his hand in mine and pulled him up stairs.

"What you wanna do?" He asked from the bed as I was by the TV.

He watched curiously as I was slipping a disc into the blue-ray player and running to the bed. Using the remote I turned on the TV and hit play on another Disney movie. I cuddled up close to Brandon with my head on his chest and his arm around my waist.

"Sweetie, you know I leave in about 30 minutes know. Is this all you want to do? No dinner together." He ask 30 minutes into the movie.

"Yes. I just want you to hold me..." I replied not watching the movie.

"Okay." He smiled pulling me close.

Nether of us were really watching the movie. It was just a background noise as we cuddled. I was happy and not caring about how much time past, till James came. He knocked on the bedroom door and announced that it was midnight.

"I must go. I love you, Grace." Brandon kissed me passionately before leaving.

"I love you too." I said as he got up.

"Don't worry, Luna. He'll be back before you know it. With the vampire clan our pack will deal with this quick." James said sitting on the bed with a book, "till then I'm to stay with you."

"Yes... But I have a feeling this will be awhile... I've had a bad feeling from the beginning, but I just hope they come back all alive." I said word.

"You'll see Brandon tomorrow night at most I'm sure." He tried to comfort me.

I know he was hoping to help me, but I could feel it inside. They weren't coming home tomorrow... And worst of all I feel like someone close to me won't be coming back...

A week past and still there was no sign of our packs safe return. We all began to worry more and more each day that past. That bad feeling never let up but instead got worse. Till the day finally came a week and an half after they left. The pack returned with victory. Only thing was to many were reading the list of died to celebrate... I cried when I saw who was on the list.

"I'm so sorry, Grace." James said.

"He's gone..." I was holding Shadow close as the tears fell.