Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Jenn

Was that who I thought it was? Am I daydreaming? Why am I so stupid? Oh my god. I can’t breathe. That was Niall Horan. Literally Niall Horan. Niall Horan bumped me. Niall Horan said sorry. Niall Horan just asked me for dinner! I said no. And ran off. I’m such a damn idiot.

I turned back around after I quickly ran off from him and he was gone. Wow. I’m so pathetic. I just got so nervous I didn’t know what to say. Boys like that, don’t talk to girls like me. He was making fun of me. Oh God, I think I’m going to be sick. I started to walk faster. It seemed my feet weighed at least a thousand pounds each and I was dragging my feet across the cold concrete. I turned the corner and collided straight into someone.

“What the fu” I started to say until I looked up and saw the person who gave me this pounding headache. Holy shit. It’s Niall. 

“We keep meeting like this.” I quietly said.

“Haha, it must be becoming a habit.” he said. At least he laughed. Was it a good laugh? Or did I just make a fool of myself?

“You okay? I’m really sorry. I just had to find you. I feel so bad about the coffee and now this. Please let me take you to dinner. No really isn’t an option.” Niall insisted.

“Um it’s really, I mean, you don’t, okay. Sure. What time?”

“I’ll meet you at Starbucks at 8?”

“Perfect.”

“Don’t forget a dry change of clothes, you know, just in case.”

And just like that he was gone. My mind was racing. I don’t think the fact that I am going to dinner with Niall Horan hit me til just now, and it hit me hard. My arms turned purple and my hands started to shake. I was planning on walking home, but I had to get ready. I ran toward the main road and held my off colored hand out for a yellow taxi. My taxi driver was a creep, but I didn’t care. I paid the man and he took me to my house. Actually to my neighbors, I didn’t really want him to know my address. Better safe than sorry.

I threw open my bedroom door and looked through all my clothes. All my hideous clothes. I have nothing to wear!

I ran over to my dresser and picked up my lime green iPhone. I dialed my Maya’s number, my best friend, as fast as I could.

“Hey whore” Maya picked up after the 3rd ring.

“Oh my god My, I’m going on a date. Not just any date. I’m going with freaking Niall Horan!!! You know from One Direction? That boy band I’m crazy in love with? The boy band I’m always harassing you about. Yeah well I’m going on a d-d-d-ATE WITH NIALL! I know he has that beautiful girlfriend, Camila, but he asked me on a date! We’re going to dinner. We’re meeting at Star Bucks at 8. I can’t breathe. My hands are shaking. My legs are blue. I have nothing to wear. I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!! SHIT. HELP MAYA, HELP!”

“What.” Maya replied to my rant, I could tell she was in shock. Who wouldn’t be??

“Yeah…” I got out with the little breathe I had left from that rant.

“You’re lying. There is no way you are not bullshitting me right now… You have to be kidding.. There’s no way.. YOU’RE GOING ON A DATE WITH NIALL HORAN OH MY GOD!”

In less that 10 minutes I was at Maya’s house. Her older sister was so gorgeous and had the hottest boyfriend ever. She knew how to dress. We were rummaging through all her clothes trying to find an outfit. After about 15 minutes of looking Maya stops and look at me. She holds up the a tight fitted, sky blue dress with a light brown belt to go around my waist. Then she eyes some 4 inch heels to her right and looks back at me.