chapter 21

Dhruv's POV:

Dhruv's POV:

This idiot..

How could she not give me a chance to speak for God's sake? Though I am not ready for the new responsibilities, at least I could ask for some time to think over it..right but without giving me any chance to speak, she stormed off.

Sighing helplessly, I shook my head and went to the study room after collecting all the files and my laptop.

At least I could work for some time in peace to keep the thoughts in my mind at bay.

I completely forgot the time and immersed myself in work. When I turned my head, I noticed through the window that it was getting dark. So I decided to wrap up my work and intended to spend some time with my family.

I stood up and stretched my limbs to relieve myself from the numbness. After tidying up everything,  I headed to my room.

When I went inside, I caught the glimpse of Aarna, who was sitting on the swing on the balcony while mumbling something incoherently to herself with her phone in her hand.

I moved to her and stood behind her silently. That was when I heard her mutterings clearly.

"Is she showing off in front of me or what? What if Arjun Bava is taking her on a dinner date? Is there any need for her to rub it on my face? Hmmph! See now. Even Daksha Akka started probing me. How can I tell her that my husband is such a boring person and except for working he doesn't know anything!! No..no. Then what will happen to my image..moreover what will happen to his mighty image? Whatever! Let it be."

She was talking to herself while sighing occasionally by holding her head.

After hearing her rants, I rubbed my nose guiltily as in these one month of our marriage, I never took her out as other normal couples do.

She too must have some expectations from this marriage but she never once voiced them out because of my unwavering past.

At these thoughts, I decided something and cleared my throat to make her aware of my presence. She got startled by it and immediately looked back at me with her eyes wide opened.

"What the hell? Why do you always frighten me by appearing out of nowhere so silently? " She shouted while patting her heart slowly.

" Nothing. Get ready. We are going out."

Announcing it, I headed to the washroom to freshen up, ignoring her confused gaze.

By the time I came outside, she was coming out of the closet while holding her dress.

When she saw me, she immediately rushed to my side and asked me while placing a hand on my forehead, "Dhruv, are you okay?"

I scoffed at her dramatic self and removed her hand.