chapter 47

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 290 votes

Dhruv's POV:

"Dhruv!" Just when I was about to go upstairs, I heard my name being called by someone. I instantly spun around to see my grandpa coming from the garden.

"What are you doing out at this time?" I asked him since it was so unusual of him to stay up so late at night.

"I am waiting for you," he said monotonously.

"Why?"

"How long? How long do you guys plan to play hide and seek?" Instead of answering my question, he implored me. Though he didn't say explicitly, I understood what he was implying. I just sighed in return and tried to give him a small smile.

"Don't smile at me, okay! Believe me, I really hate to see that lifeless expression on her face. This house seems so scary to me without her giggles. I hate her being so distant from us. Who asked you to marry her in the first place? Okay. Fine. You married her but who asked her to become one among us in such a short time? Who asked her to be so lively and caring? If only she was a little less lovely, it would have been so easy for us to face her indifference." He said in a sad tone and I gulped a lump in my throat as I knew I was the reason for all of this.

"Why is she punishing us? Without her nagging and jesting, my day doesn't seem like a day at all. Bring her back, you punk. You are the only one who can bring back her cheery self. Try your best without giving up. I want my granddaughter back." He grimly asserted while pointing his finger at me.

"Don't worry. You will witness her cheerful laughter soon. Very soon. Believe me," Saying this slowly, I went to my room and slumped on the couch before leaning back tiredly as my mind drifted back to the memory of having the first-ever conversation with her mom.

Flashback•

"Bava? What are you doing here? Where is Akka? Didn't she come with you?" Swaru chirped, the moment I stepped inside their house.

"No. She doesn't know about my visit here." I said while moving ahead and she mumbled a simple 'oh' before gesturing me to take a seat.

"Swaru! After... After that day, have you tried talking to your sister?" In reply, she just shook her head slowly.

"Why? Are you also blaming her like the rest? Do you also think that she is responsible for your situation?" Hearing my words, she hurriedly waved her hands in front of me in protest while shaking her head profusely.

"What? How could I.. I mean...why would I blame her when there was no mistake of hers in the first place?" I sighed and shook my head a little.

"Then why didn't you call her at all? You know what she is thinking. She is assuming that you started hating her after knowing the truth as you didn't even call or attend her calls and started blaming herself for everything." I stated and stood up when I saw her getting up from the couch.