chapter 49

Unedited

Unedited.

Aarna's POV:

"That idiot. Let him come home, I will break his legs for sure. How dare he leave me like this?" I was still fuming in anger whenever I recalled the contents of his letter.

[Aaru,

Hope you won't be mad at me because of my sudden departure. I won't say it was completely uncalled for because I know about this business trip before itself but I never told about this to anyone because I never intended to go in the first place without settling the issues between us.

But what I never expected is, for you to regret our marriage. I know I am not a great husband, to begin with, and we always have so many issues between us but irrespective of the indifferences, I always thought, at the end of the day, we are husband and wife, and nothing can change that fact and separate us.

However, hearing you express your regret, I realized, I can't bind you with me forever. I tried, I really tried hard to soothe your pain and to give you the happiness you deserve but I guess yet again I failed in doing so.

So what I want to say is, I apologize for all the intentional and unintentional hurt that I had inflicted on you till now. I don't know how long this business trip is going to be but I expect you to give me an answer by the time I would come back.

It will be really hard to live without you but if you don't want to stay in this relationship that has become so burdensome on you, I promise I will let you go.

For now, take care of yourself and my son.

-Dhruv]

That was what he wrote in that letter and after reading it, I wanted to tear it into pieces but I controlled myself and kept it safe to settle the scores with him later.

And in more than half a month where he had left, he never tried to contact me neither did I but I was sure he was keeping track of everything on my whereabouts as he got so many informants in this house because everyone had almost cooled down and started worrying about him as in their words, this was the first long business trip that he had taken the initiative to go and I already knew the reason.

"Bloody jerk!" I seethed out angrily and heard the cute giggles of someone.

Tilting my head, I looked at the little man who had just woken up from his small nap and started playing while throwing his hands and legs in the air. Witnessing his toothless giggles, whatever anger I felt initially had disappeared.

With a smile, I stood up from the couch and walked over to the bed before putting the pillow aside, that I had put to prevent him from falling down in his sleep.

On the very day he left, Arjun Bava sent someone over here to sign some adoption procedures, and then I realized the driver was informing the same too on that day. Since it had been over a month that we applied for adoption, we already got the approval to adopt him legally but that needed the presence of both of us and it was impossible as he was not here.