chapter 13

Aarna's pov:

Aarna's pov:

Two days had passed since I swore myself to give back ten folds to that duo. I already had a foolproof plan for Gramps. As for Dhruv, I'll take care of his matter after I am done with Gramps.

Now was the time to initiate my plan. Athayya asked me to give juice to both Granny and Gramps. So while holding the tray, I headed to the lawn where they were sitting to enjoy the evening breeze.

Granny was watering her plants and Gramps was just flipping the book thoroughly. I seriously doubted whether he was reading it or just taking the glance at each page.

I went to them and greeted both of them. Granny smiled at me warmly and took her juice glass. She settled herself on a chair after keeping that water pipe aside.

Gramps didn't respond to my greeting and hadn't even stretched his hand to take the juice. So I pretended to sigh sadly and placed it on a coffee table. Seeing my face, Granny glared at him and he took the glass from the table after rolling his eyes at her.

Once he took the glass, he started gulping the juice hurriedly as if someone was going to snatch it. Seeing that, my plan was going to fail, I immediately exclaimed.

"Gramps, drink slowly. Nobody is going to snatch it from you. Drinking like that is not good for your health." I told him like a good granddaughter but he just scoffed at me and ignored my words.

"Didn't you hear her.? Drink slowly or else you will choke yourself to death," Granny said and he placed that glass on the table without taking any further sip after releasing a huff.

I just bit back my smile and turned to granny to divert her attention.

"Granny, what's that plant.?" I asked her while pointing to the plant which was behind her.

She immediately turned to that plant. I took a quick glance at Gramps and saw that he had completely immersed himself in that book and reading it with an earnest expression on his face.

I took this chance and discreetly poured all the juice in the glass into the plant pot behind me. After that, I placed that glass on the coffee table without his notice and went to granny's side, who was explaining the plant's importance.

"Its name is Lemon balm. It has so many medicinal values. You know, we can even use it in the dishes. It is mostly used in flavoring the ice creams and for spicing up the chicken and fish dishes.-" She was about to continue but Gramps interrupted her.

"What's need of telling her all these.? She only knows how to eat. So it's a waste of your breath to explain everything to her. Come, sit, and have your juice." He said to her in a cool manner and I gritted my teeth at his direct provocation.

"Don't behave like an old rogue." Granny chided him but nonetheless went to sit on her seat and took her juice. Seeing her actions, Gramps too took a look at his glass but upon finding it empty, he glanced at us in surprise.