38 | Linger

Gabriel

-mature scene ahead-

Feeling her back arch as I spooned from behind sent me into a tail spin.

Ribbons of hair filled with lavender and honey cascaded down her shoulders and into my chest, compelling me to twirl strands around my fingers as she lay against me fast asleep.

As every male can attest- such a position left me feeling very uncomfortable for obvious reasons, but there was no way I was moving.

The sun was barely awake as I enjoyed the peace that laying next to her brought me. The night had been monumental- I was stunned that it was actually over.

I didn't know how I was supposed to feel after what I'd done, but one thing was for certain- I didn't regret it.

The effect was immediate. It was as if a thick blanket had been lifted, the mood within the entirety of the pack had shifted.

It was in our nature to use our senses to be aware of subtle changes in the air, and walking back home last night had it filled with relief, hope and peace.

The entire territory had been brought back to life, everything coming out from hiding as if it were now safe to do so. Every little creature plucked from its hiding place, the air no longer thick with tension or fear.

Slowly stirring, she turned to face me. Her head planted itself against my chest, each word sounding more drowsy than the one before, "What time is it..."

Stroking her back I tried to lull her back to slumber, "Not yet dawn... go back to sleep."

But I could feel her waken.

Her breathing no longer slow and heavy, her frame no longer still, and dare I say it, her scent making it very clear that sleep was the last of her intentions.

Stifling a chuckle, I couldn't hide my bemusement, "What kind of dream were you having hmm?"

I swear I felt her pout.

"The same as yours judging by the fact you're awake..."

My fingers spoke my reply as I lifted under her sweater, letting the palm of my hand linger in the space between her shoulders.

I needed no words to voice my intent.

Feeling her breath hitch, her body naturally pressed forward, her leg pushing between mine as we laid face to face.

I felt my wolf pace within.

Fuck it.

Pushing her back into the mountain of pillows, I ripped off the blankets before diving down.

Taking her to a primitive place where her only language was the reaction to my touch, my overgrown stubble grazed the junction of her thighs before I dove forward to taste the source of her wetness.

I loved making her moan.

Her mind was blank, not even mind-linking would illicit a response from her as she spiralled further into incoherence with each flick of my tongue.