18 | Glory

Miesha

I shifted into my wolf before him, laying bare my secrets... laying bare my sins. This is who I was and I refused to hide her any more. I couldn't change my mind now even if I wanted to. My control was relinquished to her the second she saw the way Gabriel eyed my physical form as I stood motionless, acquiescent to her desire.

In that moment, her powerful spirit surged through... clawing out in manic urgency causing an avalanche of agony to pour between us, the overflow streaming out in screams that tumbled out into the night. I was at her mercy. And she was not about to offer any to me for what I had done. I was but a hitchhiker to her as she laid claim to her right to assert her dominance as an Alpha female, a stake she had never been given the chance to claim.

Silence.

Maintaining eye contact, she slowly stalked towards him like he was her prey, every creature of the night holding still in bated breath. Rumbling in approval, she was fascinated by her mate. She continued her slow prowl, circling around him without restraint, making her intentions known... sweeping her scent all over his frame as she caressed her midnight fur against his. Although slightly smaller, her power flowed out into the cool air, leaving no mistake who the Alpha was in this very moment. He did not back down but he did not take control. His disconcerted gaze following her every action. She was impressed that he did not try and steal this moment from her. There were no illusions what she was to him...

I had look away at what was unfolding before me. My wolf was intoxicated by her mate's presence and every urge within her was leeching out in unabashed glory. As if sensing my uncomfortability, she paused... I felt repentant that she would even ask for my permission, because it wasn't warranted for all I'd put her through. Nudging her from within, I pushed her ahead. "This is your right. I will not stop you."

As if rekindling what was previously lost, I felt her gratitude... a silent forgiveness for humiliations we both felt deeply and mistakes that I had made. I felt redeemed and closer to her in that moment than I had ever felt before. Feeling the same, she howled to the moon, singing her sacred song with pride and honor as she exposed her soul to her moon, her mate and to me.

And then she took flight.

Bolting through the thicket her strides quaked the Earth, her midnight fur rippling like waves against the star lit backdrop before her. Quick on her heels, he followed. An Alpha following his Alpha female. As she thundered through the forestry, she was becoming reborn... Her strength bubbling within her, surging her on in fierce determination. She didn't need direction, she didn't need clarity. She was driven purely by her own majesty, her feminine power radiating off her into the fields below.

She sensed his pride in her as it saturated the air. She was humbled by his admission, but did not seek it. She knew her worth. Continuing their dance until they reached the Cross River border, she softened her steps as she reached the bedrock surrounding the stream ahead. He stood beside her, before walking forward to ensure her safety from the territory before them. They were alone. Now it was he who sensed her pride in him....

Nudging her forward towards the stream, he motioned her to the water's edge, offering her some water as a gift from his land. She lapped up the cool water gratefully, glancing towards him as he joined her, sharing it in silent satisfaction together.

As the sounds of the owls echoed off the trees, they both tread into the shadows away from the voyeuristic gaze of the moon. This was their moment. Tired, she circled, digging at the soft ground before curling down into a ball and laying on a blanket of dried leaves. He watched before standing over her, but she did not feel any attempt to overpower in his movements. Only protection. She felt safe. And for the first time in a long time, she felt that she could relax, and trust that she could simply let go...

As time transpired, her eyes felt heavy... her breath evening out slowly and deeply as she remained on the cusp of consciousness. It wasn't until he came closer, laying down behind her that she felt safe enough to fall into night's indigo hue.

She felt his warmth as he blanketed her in his fur, lovingly nestling her head in the crook of his shoulder. Each breath between them took on its own rhythm like a lullaby caressing her to peaceful slumber. I wept at the beauty before me and could have swore I heard Gabriel do the same.

As the stars shone down just for them, they both looked up to the sky sighing in contentment before falling into the sweetest sleep. As she did so, I vowed to leave past nightmares behind us, knowing the worst was over now that she had found her half in him, and he in her. It was time. It was time to see where this would lead.

Thank you for reading

Don't forget to vote and comment if you are enjoying my story.