Chapter 16- Escape attempt #1987654

Emma's POV

I woke up on the hard floor with an empty stomach. I kept my eyes shut, hoping that everything that had happened was nothing but a twisted nightmare. When I finally opened my eyes and noticed the stale surroundings, I knew for sure that my hopes were too high.

I had been in the same tent for four nights, and they had barely fed me two proper meals in total. I tried to escape more times than I can remember. I even told them I needed to pee hoping they'd let me out, but they refused to do so and got me a bucket instead.

Disgusting.

Not even ten showers would suffice to make me feel less filthy. Loud footsteps snapped me out of my thoughts as the same guard that had offered me breakfast yesterday walked in.

He tossed the green apple in his hand at me, barely giving me a glance. Just as he was about to leave, I called for him.

"Hey uhh, can I at least wash my face by the waterfall or something?"

He frowned, not liking my request. Too bad sucker.

"It's not like I can run away you'll be accompanying me won't you?" I told him, desperate to leave the tiny tent.

He stood quietly for a while, and averted his gaze towards me instead of the ground. 

"Fine," he breathed out.

Emma: one, Douchebag: zero.

He grabbed my arms and pulled me outside the tent. God I never thought I would miss seeing the sun that much. They had me locked up for days like a freaking tuna can.

A slight breeze of air hit me as I stepped outside for the first time in a while.

He remained silent the entire way to the water. I thought we were going to the strong waterfall I had seen the moment I got here, but he was heading elsewhere.

"Uhh, I thought we were going to the waterfall," I spoke up, getting slightly irritated from his grip on my arm.

"No, it's too far. We're going to the lake besides that big tent over there." His tone was firm, telling me what he had just said was an order and not up for negotiation.

I followed him to the red tent he had mentioned earlier, and spotted the lake he was talking about. As soon as we reached it, he let go of my hand.

"You have one minute." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

I nodded his way and instantly began washing my face, letting the cold water soak me. I held up my hair and splashed some water on my neck, getting rid of all the sweat that had piled up in the past few days.

It really sucks that I got imprisoned just because I mentioned Rodrick's name. Like bruh, how am I supposed to know he's hated by these annoying people?

I glanced over at the bodyguard that had accompanied me here, and my eyes laid on his sword, which never seemed to leave his side. I then looked around me, scanning my surroundings and searching for an escape route.

Now I could just go right and it would harder for him to catch me since at some point, there would be a very narrow entrance, but there's another tent there. I don't want more people chasing me. I got up and sprinted away from him, heading left.

Of course the second I stepped away from him, he began running after me and shouting at me to stop. Yeah, like I'm actually going to stop just because you asked me to.

I didn't know where I was going but staying trapped in a tent is pointless. Even though I had left all of my stuff in the tent, I knew that getting out of that place was my number one priority at this time.