Chapter 79.

"But it's just a sweet, sweet fantasy, baby
When I close my eyes, you come and take me"

"But it's just a sweet, sweet fantasy, babyWhen I close my eyes, you come and take me"

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

***

Waking up that morning with Harry felt, strange. It wasn't a bad strange, it was just surreal realising this is exactly what I was going to be waking up to every day from now on.

I keep thinking about how the way things are with us now are night and day compared to five months ago, never would I have thought this is how things would have ended up, and hell even thinking back to the first night I met him - it's just really bizarre how life works out sometimes.

I was exhausted though, after yesterday, and much to Harrys dismay I insisted I was still going to work - he then told me he would be driving me to work, and picking me up from now on or organising Jimmy to if he can't some days.

I argued, saying I didn't need a chaperone, I understand with everything that's happened why he would be wanting to do that and while I'm happy if he wants to for a week or two, it's not something I'd let be permanent. I'm not going to be dismissive of his worry, but I don't want to be treated like a fragile object that needs to be escorted everywhere either.

I'm happy to compromise with it, so I'm safe and he doesn't worry, but I just don't want to have body guards twenty four hours a day and kept under lock and key.

He said he was going to meet with Steve and Jimmy today to figure out what they were going to do. He said normally he would have just went straight to David and handled it without thinking, but it involves me now and he can handle the consequences for his actions, but he doesn't want them coming back on me and certainly not harming me.

That was also strange hearing that from him, trying to keep his temper and impulsive behaviour with those sort of things under control - I could tell it was difficult for him.

He said we still needed to talk more about it, but I'm assuming we will leave that until after work but honestly I'm surprised he was initiating wanting to talk about it at all.

While going to work may have not been the smartest idea today, I need to keep a semblance of normal in my life, of the routine I have. Everything else is so out of control and utterly insane, that I think if I had of stayed at Harrys all day with my brain able to wonder about all the things I've learned and what's happened I would just feel ten times worse, I need the distraction.

Harry dropped me at work, looking less than impressed about it and walked me inside, keeping a protective closeness and looked apprehensive about leaving, telling me to promise to call him if even one person or thing looks unusual and said either he or Jimmy would pick me up when I finished, and to stay at work until one of them got there.

He went to see Ludo before he left, and I found it really endearing when he pointed at Ludo saying "If any strangers come near her, rip them a new asshole, you're on guard duty today, be a good boy."