0.9 | 남 자

B O Y

»»-------------¤-------------««

If I had known now what loving you would make me feel - I would've tried to shove it away, try to stop myself from the inevitable heartbreak.

But I was filled with a fool's hope, and I dared to fall.

And so it was with a brighter smile and a spring in my step that I went out to the grocery store the day after. Dad had called to say that he's coming back home for lunch, and I'd planned to prepare a real homemade meal this time, unlike the various take-outs we usually order in.

Everything around me seemed aglow - as if bathed by a new light. It was as if my world was a canvas, and love had painted it all over with vivid hues of honey yellows and vibrant blues and rich reds.

Like I'd been awakened.

And so as I reached the store, I hummed happily and even nodded at the cashier as I passed him by. He merely blinked back, but I shrugged it off, not even the least bit bothered.

The clean, orderly aisles of the grocery store were empty, and I quickly stocked up on all the ingredients I need. Occasionally, my mind would drift back to you, my thoughts a metal and you a magnet.

Everytime that happened, I would feel warmth diffuse through my cheeks, would feel the phantom touch of your hands around my waist. Would smile to myself like the idiot I made myself to be.

So occupied with you I was that I didn't even realize that the shopping cart I was wheeling around the corner was about to collide with a brown-haired boy, until it was too late.

"Oof!"

I heard the pained exclamation at the same time as I felt my cart ram up against his body, the impact startling my nerves.

My eyes widened in horror as I saw the boy's balance stumble, his body ambling to the side as the bottle of banana milk he was holding toppled over to the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Rushing to bend down and pick it up, I realized shortly that he was about to do the same.

His fingers had merely brushed mine as he reached for the bottle as well - and our heads bumped together as both of us ducked for the banana milk at the same time.

"Ow!" I clutched my forehead then, my right temple slightly aching.

The boy himself uttered a low groan of pain, his hand massaging his own temple. He was of a tall built, so even while crouching on the ground, he towered over me.

Clutching my hand to my head, all I could glimpse was a red hoodie and a partial glimpse of his exposed neck before he suddenly spoke.

"Wow, how in the world did you manage to hit me twice in less than ten seconds?"

And, to my amazement, he didn't even sound furious.

Instead there was humor in his tone, a cheeky warmth that made me look up.

And keep on looking.

Because what greeted me was a boy with warm dark-chocolate eyes that crinkled at the sides as his lips stretched out into a good-humored boyish grin, his top lip slightly disappearing as he does so.

And so that was the first time I met Jeon Jungkook - in a fated grocery store, the day after I fell in love with you.

Little did I know, he would soon be more than just a boy I bumped into.

»»-------------¤-------------««

A/N: a little note that jungkook here is of the same age as jimin and byul! i hope you're loving it so far, please do share your thoughts. i love you, stay safe cuties ♡