Twenty Seven

In the evening of the missed bake sale, Noah dragged me out to the park for some form of a two month anniversary adventure. It wasn't our two month for another few days but nothing technical mattered to Noah. "Please can you tell me why you brought me to the park at half eight at night?" I enquire, stifling a laugh.

Noah just holds my hand and walks me to a tree. "I know, I know – totally cliché but I know girls like this kind of stuff."

I furrow my eyebrows. What? Noah brings some type of tube from his pocket and with a pull of some rolling thing, a knife flicks out of the wooden case. "I'll start, shall I?"

"Oh my gosh, are we signing an oath?" I ask, looking around for candles or maybe some wine glasses hidden under a tree somewhere, sarcastically.. Noah throws his head back and roars with laughter. "You will never fail to amuse me, chick."

He takes a step forward and points to tree. I take a step closer and realise that with much detail but signs of difficulty, names have been carved into the tree by couples. There must have been at least twenty pairs of names on here. "This is so beautiful." I whisper, letting out a small laugh under my breath as Noah strongly hacks into the tree.

After a while, the art of 'Noah + Chick' are engraved into the bark of the tree, adding to the clan. If I had a choice, I would've put my actual name but it didn't matter. To us, I was chick.

It was our thing.

"I wish I could just take a million pictures of this." I shake my head. "It's so amazing."

"Which is why I brought your camera!" Noah laughs, taking my camera from his rucksack.

"You know, nothing surprises me anymore." I laugh, taking my baby carefully from Noah's hands. Without hesitation I take pictures of the interesting tree, snapping images of it as a whole but also just the imprinting that Noah and I made.

Being typical England, it suddenly started to spill rain. It was quickly turning into quite the rainstorm but as I soaked myself I laughed.

"Are you mental, just sitting there laughing at the rain?" Noah questions, lifting an eyebrow from its designated place.

I shrug. "I used to love the rain. When I was little, me and my big brothers would run around in the rain, spinning and singing songs and doing all the things that we shouldn't do like jumping in puddles."

Noah smiles. "Sounds like some serious stuff."

I smile, look down to the wet ground, shake my head and look up at Noah. "You're an idiot." I say with a soft laugh.

I randomly put my camera into the bag and then I sprint into the openness of the empty park, and I spun in circles with my mouth open in the lashing downpour. Noah joins me, and he lifts me up onto his shoulders and spins around, making me squeal with fright and pure joy. Once he lets me down, we kiss – like any other couple. Except it wasn't on the inside. It felt like every negative cell in my body sprung to join a life of positivity and perfection.

Never will I get used to it.

Apparently, a kiss in the rain means good luck but I don't think I need it. Everything is turning out so well, and my share of good luck is really kicking in. It definitely spilled onto me once I got together with Noah.

Speaking of Noah, our tongues and lips finally disconnect and I smile. He takes off his Superdry sports zip-up and lays it over my shoulders without any words.

We make our way home in the rain and once we do find our path back to our little dorm, I change into pyjamas and put my hair into a bun and then walk lazily to the living room. I turned on the Netflix and found my way with the Wii remote to Pretty Little Liars.

Noah walks in and hands me a mug of tea. He knows by now that I overload my tea with milk and that I take two spoons of sugar.

"Do you mind if we watch Pretty Little Liars?" I ask, pointing to the TV.

"Do you like it?" Noah asks, putting his arm around me. I gratefully lean onto his shoulder and nod as a reply for 'yes'.

"Well, then." Noah smiles. "Pretty Little whatever it was sounds fantastic."

*****************************************************************************************************

Hi Dreamers :) Hope you liked this chapter; it was just something I wanted the two to do. By the way, THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO ANSWER THIS QOTC BEFORE THE NEXT CHAPTER! 

QOTC: What do you think happened to Auden in the past? The closest answer wins a dedication. 

The answer to it is really twisted and it comes out in the next chapter - so please answer that. I really want to know what you think. Also, if you could click the star and drop a comment that would make my day! 

                                                       Love you -Belle x