25. Fighting Family

Riley still had only a sheet wrapped around her body, helplessly watching as Hunter and Killian came to blows in the hallways. She feared that should they carry on, even without shifting, the Mayfield Mansion would be one big pile of a mess.

The two brothers overpowered each other a few times, until they found themselves in the lobby.

Nico and Cage planned to step in and stop them, but they needed to wait for an opening.

As Hunter and Killian turned more aggressive and their snarls and growls echoed through the lobby, there was the sound of cracking wood and shattering glass all around them.

Nico and Cage looked on while on high alert, assuring Riley not to worry, but she couldn't help it. She desperately wished for them to stop, especially when they bared their claws and began ripping each other's clothes in an attempt to cause harm.

It seemed that the part of their family history, which she still didn't know about, continued to fuel their relentless attacks against each other.

Though she also figured out that Nico and Cage knew about Killian, she wondered why they let him come all the way up to meet Hunter if they weren't on good terms. But that wasn't the time to even ask questions as everyone's eyes constantly darted across the lobby to keep track of the two brothers shattering glass and breaking furniture.

Not only was Riley shocked by Killian's blue eyes, but she was also shocked by how he was such a strong werewolf, who was able to keep up with Hunter for the most part. However, she knew that her mate was holding back.

When Nico and Cage signaled each other, they growled, their eyes blazing as they got ready to step in and put an end to the Mayfield brothers' brawl.

But just then, Killian slammed Hunter into the wall and the impact sent the plaster crumbling to the floor. Hunter instantly rebounded, a raging roar coming from the depths of his lungs as he launched himself at Killian and they crashed to the floor.

It was then that Nico leaped off the ground and attempted to land right on Killian's back and make him stop, but Killian's senses were so sharp that he grabbed Nico by the sides of his head and hurled him across the room.

From the crash landing, Nico couldn't get up right away, and Cage, Val and a few others rushed to him.

At that moment, Riley saw no possibility of anyone putting a stop to the violence. It was at that moment that she took it upon herself to handle the situation. She also couldn't take seeing them like that anymore.

Getting angry, she clenched her jaw with a low growl, her glowing eyes fixed on Hunter and Killian as they scraped each other's arms.

Just as she was about to roar, Frankie, Finn and Benji came rushing in from outside.

When Benji saw Killian on top of Hunter, his first thought was whoever that was, intended to kill, so he took it upon himself to come to the aid of his Alpha and jumped on Killian's back.

"Get off of him!" Benji roared.

Irritated by the teenage boy, Killian swiftly got off of Hunter, punched Benji so hard that blood ran down his nostrils like a stream, then slammed him so deep into the hard floor that the impact broke the bones in his back.

"Fucking die, little punk!"

As Benji cried out in excruciating pain, Hunter became so protective that he no longer held back. He launched himself at his older brother, delivering an uppercut that sent him flying across the room.

Before Killian could even get up, shocked by the sudden unmatched strength, Hunter leaped off the floor and landed right in front of him. He was ready to roar in his face, but just then, Riley's powerful roar brought the place to silence, except for Benji's cries.