12. Deeply Connected

As everyone made their way back to the Mayfield Mansion, Riley was amazed by how they already healed their minor injuries and excitedly chanted Hunter's name.

They had all once again experienced one on one, why he was the Alpha and that gave her a sense of pride that she couldn't quite explain.

Back on the field, after the way the two of them had responded to each other when he was right between her legs, she had become so wild that had he wanted to mate with her right there, she would've gladly given in.

It was for this reason that she kept a distance from him the entire time they were returning home.

She stayed back in the company of the other girls, who couldn't stop talking about that moment with the two of them and as much as she hated to admit it, she loved the way it felt.

Through the crowd, she spotted Hunter looking back at her a few times while licking his lips, and it made her rub the back of her neck.

There was something different about her attraction towards him and it made her want to go to him, but she told herself not to do so.

After getting to the gate, Hunter and Nico crouched right on top of it as the others passed through.

When it was her turn and she looked up at Hunter, the sensation between her legs only intensified because of his scent and the sight of his physique.

As soon as his eyes started glowing, she slowed down to look at him and could feel their hearts racing.

Then came a moment where she furrowed her eyebrows because she heard him speak but his mouth didn't move.

Come to me.

She stopped in her tracks to stare at him some more but when it didn't happen again, she walked by and looked back at him.

He got off the top of the gate with Nico, slowly walking behind everyone else and just then, it happened again.

Riley, come to me.

Trying to ignore it once again, she went with Val to check on Dawn, who was still with Cage.

No matter how hard she tried to make Val not talk about what happened on the field, it didn't stop her and Riley covered her face, embarrassed.

"You're really home," Cage said to her.

As he went on about the symbolic meaning behind her moment with Hunter after he defeated everyone and came to her, Hunter called out to her again and this time, he didn't stop.

When she couldn't take it anymore, she excused herself so she could go and meet him in his bedroom, where he asked her to come.

Pushing the door open without knocking, she looked around until she spotted him standing by the wall and facing it.

He was still only in his tight shorts.

"Hey, you've been calling me," she said to him standing by the wall which was close to the door.

"I see you heard me this whole time," he said, turning around with glowing eyes.

"I heard you loud and clear in my head."

She stepped away from the wall and took a few steps towards him for a closer look at his eyes, and also the pulling force that only happened when she was close to him.

"I've been calling you using the mind link and I was only trying it out but I'm glad I got through to you," he said, walking past her and locking the door.

"Why did you just lock the door?"

Without saying a word, he dashed behind her and wrapped his arms around her body.