21. Riley Mostyn

Though Hunter had begun to calm down just by setting his eyes on Riley's wolf form, Marcellina's way of exposing her real identity brought back his fury, but even with that, she was the least of his concerns at that moment.

Looking around, he noticed how everyone around was both amazed and intimidated by Riley, not only by her presence in her wolf form, but her bloodline.

She also still seemed aggressive and it was time to calm her down and make her feel safe. He could sense that she still felt threatened.

As soon as he shifted, his stature bigger than hers, he snarled at everyone around and they all took further steps back.

He approached Riley, who's snarling faded when he was close enough.

"I'll fucking kill them all!" she said to him through the mind link.

"Just come with me," he said gently despite still snarling at everyone.

Being the only ones who could get each other under control, he managed to convince her not to harm anyone and they majestically left together, everyone getting out of their way.

As soon as they were both outside, they ran off into the woods until they were back in their territory, where Riley was first to stop.

After getting behind her, Hunter then hovered over her and licked her fur as she looked up at him, his strong scent and presence while in his wolf form pleasing to her senses.

Never being in their wolf form at the same time since he had marked her, that was their first time mating in that state.

Their mating spot was left in ruins by the time they decided it was time to return to the Mayfield Mansion.

Hunter had already communicated with Nico to have everyone outside, including the truth about who Riley was.

When the two of them arrived, the entire pack was outside, that being their first time seeing her in her wolf form.

She was a little surprised by the reception until Hunter told her they already knew everything.

As soon as the two of them made their way right in the middle, everyone bowed to them and though she wasn't used to that, her wolf made it feel like that was exactly what she deserved as the Luna.

Once the two of them were upstairs in their bedroom and back in their human form, he wrapped his arms around her as he kissed her forehead.

"I didn't know Marcellina had plans to expose you like that," he said. "I guess she knew you were lying about your last name."

"I felt so weak because I couldn't fight those three Lunas."

"You were just caught off guard."

She scoffed.

"Does this make you wanna learn to fight in your human form?" He stroked her chin.

"It definitely does. I don't ever want to feel the way I did ever again."

"Cage will be very happy about this."

"I bet he will." Though she smiled, her expression didn't reach her eyes.

"You're waiting for me to tell you what I know, right?"

She nodded and he held her hand as he led her to the bed so they could sit down.

He leaned against the wall and she rested her back on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

In that moment, she learned that her ancestors on her biological mother's side had dragon blood in their veins, which gave them an unmatched advantage when it came to strength.