Chapter 6: Embarrassing

Prayer's POV-

It's been one month since I completed PT Physical Therapy. My arm is pretty much back to normal. I showered, then got dressed. My sisters and I were going to the park after breakfast. I need to ask mom if she will take me to get a new guitar later. I thought as I picked up my purse and phone, then headed downstairs. Mr. Hill's POV- I was thinking about so much that I almost burned the eggs I was cooking. My wife turned the stove off then looked up at me with a worried look on her face. "Oh, hey honey. You sleep alright?" I asked, trying to play off the fact that I almost ruined breakfast. "What is it?" she asked, ignoring my question. I couldn't hide anything from her if I wanted to.

"Honey, what do you think of Nashawn?" I asked, looking into her eyes. I knew she knew what I wanted to know from her reaction. "Well, he's a good kid, sweet and funny." I just stared at her for a moment. "Oh, come on. Honey, you know that's not what I'm asking." I waited for her response. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I saw it when I first met him. That kid is not human." She whispered the last part. "Prayer has no idea, but I can tell she likes him." That's what I'm worried about. How will she take it if he tells her? I thought. My wife was now so close I could hear her heartbeat. She wrapped her arms around my waist and looked up at me with those beautiful green orbs. "How do you think she's going to take it when he tells her?"

I asked. "Prayer is not the type who scares easily and if she is into him, she will accept him." I nodded, understanding. "Then will she be just as accepting towards us? I mean she's eighteen now. We have to tell her about us." I said, almost pleading. "She won't hate us if that's what you're thinking." she said, pecking me on the lips. I pulled her closer to continue what she started. I missed her so much I didn't want the kiss to end. "Gross." I and my wife both jumped and departed. Prayer was standing with her hands covering her face. I laughed at how dramatic she was being, which earned me an elbow in the side from my wife. "Mom, dad, I'd tell you to get a room, but you have one. 

 Please don't ever do that in the kitchen again." She said, still covering her eyes. "Sorry sweetheart. You can stop covering your eyes now. " I said. My wife didn't say anything, she just looked down face red, probably too embarrassed to talk. That's cute as hell. I thought. Mrs. Hill's POV- I was still trying not to look up at Prayer. This was super embarrassing. "Mom, can you take me to get a new guitar later?" I looked up at her, now taken aback by the question. "Sweetie, you already have three of them?" "Four." My husband corrected, taking plates to the dining room. "Yeah, you just got one for your birthday. Why do you need another one?" She looked kind of disappointed. 

"Mom, you were the one who told me that a new instrument brings new inspiration." I laughed "Oh sweetheart. I meant a new instrument like something else besides a guitar." she said. "Well, I do have an instrument in mind that I'm interested in learning." I just stared at her for a moment, trying to see if she was serious. "What instrument?" "Violin. I want to learn how to play the violin," she said. "Okay then let's make a deal. If you buy a violin instead of another guitar and can play a song on it by the end of this month. I will buy you a new guitar of your choice if you still want another one, I promise." she assured. "Deal.?" She just stared at me for a moment, then she nodded. 

"Deal." "Hey, if you two take any longer the food will be cold." My husband said, grabbing both I and Prayer's hands, leading us to the table. I thought about what my husband asked. I hoped that was really how Prayer would take the truth from both me and her dad and Nashawn. After breakfast, Prayer took her sisters to the park down the street. My husband and I watched a few movies together before I left to take Prayer shopping for a violin. I decided to take the twins along. Nashawn's POV- It's finally Friday morning. I couldn't wait for it to come. I'm going on a camping trip today with some classmates. Prayer was the real reason I wanted to go. I had something I wanted to tell her.