Chapter 3: Dead Or Alive?

Everyone stepped out and I just sat on the steps watching as the paramedics rushed over to the scene. One of the officers came over to me and asked if I was okay. I'm fine, no scratches or wounds of any kind. I was left untouched but Kelly and Prayer... Tears rolled down my face.

My breathing hitched as I struggled to speak. "C-can you check on my friends?" He looked at me with furrowed brows as if I was crazy or said something wrong. I couldn't understand why until he called a paramedic over who then proceeded to open a first-aid kit. I'm hurt? I thought.

It was then that I felt a warm trickle down the side of my face. The EMT pulled out a gauze and whatever else but I stood up and walked away. The officer stopped me. "Hey look let the EMT help you and I will go check on your friends. Why don't you come with us to the truck?

Tell me about your friends along the way. I'll personally check on them myself. " I thought about it for a moment and honestly was starting to feel weak so I did what he said. "Both of my best friends were thrown by the bear. One is short, maybe 5,3 she has gray eyes, dark blue hair and she's wearing a jean outfit with pink-ish boots.

My other best friend, Kelly, has brown eyes, and black hair, she's wearing a red top, brown cargo pants, red and white shoes, and a white hoodie" I said it kinda fast and he had me repeat it before walking away. The EMTs began to wipe my face and ear and that's when I realized what I felt before was blood.

When did I get hurt? "I got a pulse!" someone yelled out "Ok, get him in the truck!" "I got a pulse here too!" another yelled "Alright get him in the truck." What about the others?" one of them asked. Two of the trucks pulled off. "I got a pulse!" another shouted. "Alright get her in."

"There's no pulse here." another yelled. "I got a young adult female who's not breathing." My heart nearly stopped when I heard this. Who's not breathing? "prepare the AED"- (Automated External Defibrillator). "Try to bring her back."

"Ready!"

"Clear!"...

"No response!" one of the female Paramedics yelled.

"Ready!"

"Clear!"...

"Still nothing!" she yelled again.

"Ready!"

"Clear!"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pryer's POV-

TV PLAYING...

BREAKING NEWS

"Tragedy struck at a local High School around 4:50 pm just after the students were dismissed. Reports say that there was a bear attack and many of the students and staff were injured, some in critical condition and others were pronounced deceased at the scene. Let's go to Alice, a reporter who is still on the scene."

"Thank you, Rob. So I'm here just outside of the school as you can see behind me there are many police officers and firefighters. A few of the staff and students were sent to Roseland Hospital. Many did not survive the attack. Sixteen students and twelve staff were announced deceased on the scene.

Due to the injuries obtained by a Kodiak bear. As you can see behind me they are still putting... Alice trailed off before finishing. They are still placing some of the victims in body bags." she said, stepping off camera for viewers to see. That's all I have for now. I'm currently awaiting the identities of the victims. Back to you Rob." she said after returning to the screen.

"Thank you, Alice," I said before she shut out. "How heartbreaking this is. My heart goes out to all of the victims' families... "What was that? The newsman asked someone off-camera and stepped away. "Sorry about that, I just received a list filled with the victims' names.