chapter 14

*:・゚*:・゚

After a few hours of talking and eating, the sun began to set, making the group fall into comfortable silence as they watched the sky change colours.

The boys had already put the tops back up on their cars, and Maya decided to retreat into Brady's car to get away from the slight breeze picking up. The boy, noticing this, pulled a hoodie out of the boot of his car, handing it to the girl.

"Put this on and stay out here with me." He said as he patted the space beside him. The girl swiftly put the boys hoodie on, wrapping her arms around herself as she came to lean against the car with the boy.

"Thank you for bringing me with you. I like your friends, they're all really nice." Maya smiled at the boy, relishing in the peaceful silence of the afternoon. The boy reciprocated the brunettes smile, "No need to thank me pretty girl, I'm glad you enjoyed today." Brady smiled softly at the girl.

Angelo spoke up after a few minutes of silence, "Hey guys, me and Sophie are gonna go, she's gotta get to a family dinner in an hour." The boy spoke as him and the blonde girl got into his car. Everyone else started getting into their calls, calling it a day.

"I should probably get you home M, don't want to get on your sisters bad side." Maya laughed quietly as they both go into the brown haired boys car.

It didn't take long for Brady to pull up outside Maya's house. The boy killed the engine, jogging around to open the door for the girl. She smiled as she stepped out. She had been doing that a lot lately. Smiling.

"Oh here's your hoodie back." The girl said as she started to pull the piece of clothing off her body, but Brady stopped her, pulling the hem of the hoodie back down, "You can keep it. I looks nice on you." She nodded as she adjusted the hoodie again.

As they both walked up to the door, the brunette girl spoke up, "Thank you for today Brady. I really enjoyed it." She said as she took out her keys, unlocking the door. In the spur of the moment, the girl leaned towards the boy, kissing him lightly on the cheek. "Good night Brady."

The boy stood there in silence for a few seconds, letting a blush creep up onto his cheeks, still felling the girls lips on his skin. "Good night Maya."

With that, the brunette girl stepped inside, closing the door behind her. The moment she locked the door, she let herself slide down until she was sat on the floor. The girl could feel her face heating up, breathing out a breath she didn't know she was holding in.

Once the girl had contained her beating heart and red cheeks, she got up from where she had planted herself off the floor, making her way up to her room. As she crossed the landing, Allie heard the younger girls footsteps and called out, "Maya is that you?"

"Yeah it's me." Maya opened her sisters room, dropping her bag on the floor and kicking off her shoes before flopping onto the girls bed with a humph.

"So how'd it go? Did you enjoy it?" The older girl inquired as her sister turned to look at her, "It was great, his friends are all really nice."

"Aaaand?" Allie prolonged the 'a' waiting for her sister to elaborate, "Aaaand I kissed him on the cheek before he left."

*:・゚*:・゚

authors note
bit of a longer chapter to make up for my absence.
but i genuinely love this chapter sm!
what do you all think about the chemistry build? is it going too fast?
ALSO i updated my cast list and it all looks pretty and i love them all so go check it out ;)
don't forget to vote!