chapter 6

*:・゚*:・゚

As the bell rang for the start of first period, maths, Brady came walking into the classroom, his eyes scanning the room until they landed on Maya sitting by the window.

He smiled at her as he proceeded to sit in the seats behind her and Gracie with his friend. Jenna looked over at the boy with a look that read 'What the hell?!' but he brushed it off.

Gracie turned to look at the brunette girl beside her with a confused look. Maya internally facepalmed as she ripped a corner of a page of paper and wrote 'him and his brother came to talk to me yesterday in the gym and want to be my friends'

She slid the paper across the table to the redhead girl, who read the note quickly before writing underneath, 'seriously?! that's great, plus he's hella cute!'

The girl slid the paper back to Maya, who rolled her eyes before writing a quick, 'i don't even know him that well' before concentrating in the lesson.

As the class went on, everyone talked among themselves while they did their work. Maya felt a tap on her shoulder, turning around to see Brady and his friend.

"Hey Maya. Would you mind helping us with this equation? We can't see to figure it out." A shy smile spread across the boys face as he looked down at the paper, "Oh this is Brian by the way. Brian, this is Maya and-" The brown haired boy realised that he didn't know the redhead girls name.

The redhead girl turned around with a smile, "I'm Gracie."

Brady gave the girl a curt smile before looking back at Maya, who was already writing down the formula for the equation in the margin of the page.

Maya smiled as she said, "Just substitute the numbers in the formula for the ones in the equation and you should be good."

"Thanks. You're still joining us at lunch right?" The boy questioned as his eyes scanned her face for any sign of hesitation. The brunette replied, "Yes I'll join you guys at lunch."

The boy gave her a satisfied nod before turning back to his work with Brian. Maya let out a low chuckle as she herself turned back to her work. Gracie stared at her friend in disbelief. She had never seen the girl so social in her life, it was like she was a different person.

"Who are you and what have you done to Maya?!" Gracie lightly shook the brunette girls shoulders as she laughed.

"I'm just being nice Gracie. I'm going to have lunch with them, they'll see how uninteresting I am and then I'll be back to being Maya the outsider. It's better that way."

Both girls fell into silence as they focused on their work again, an odd silence cast across the classroom. As everyone continued to do the class work, Brady's eyes kept flicking to the back of the brunette girls head, his eyes holding sadness in them as the words that Maya thought only Gracie had heard repeated in the boys head, '-I'll go back to being Maya the outsider. It's better that way'

But is it really?

*:・゚*:・゚

authors not
i really liked this chapter!
are y'all ready for maya to have lunch with the boys???
don't forget to vote!