Chapter eight; Ineffable.

{Ineffable; Indescribable, something which can not be explained

{Ineffable; Indescribable, something which can not be explained.}

Aurora held Ben's hand as they exited the Falcon, no one seemed to acknowledge that Ben Solo had just exited the Falcon as Maz walked up to them, wiping the tears that ran down her cheeks.

"Aurora, honey," Maz took her hand, "Your mum-"

Aurora let go of Ben's hand, rushing through the crowd. Everyone stopped, watching as Aurora knelt down beside Leia's final resting place, a white sheet covered over her. Poe followed, arms wrapping around Aurora from behind as she leant back into his chest, her hand coving her mouth as she muffled a sob.

Poe pressed his forehead into her shoulder, pressing a kiss on her neck there and closing his eyes tightly shut as she cried. The Resistance all walked away leaving the princess and piolet alone as Ben stood eyes wide at the scene in front of him. Chewie roared, falling to his knees as he cried, Finn and Adam trying to comfort him but he pushed them away. Aurora turned in Poe's arms, hugging him properly, his hand pressing her head gently into the crook of his neck.

---

Aurora and Poe sat in the Falcon, Aurora hadn't been able to stand still, she had been pacing as the Resistance outside began to argue on what to do next. Ben was lent again the wall, watching his sister as she suddenly stopped, turning to face Poe.

"What do we do?"

Poe takes her hand, stopping her pacing, "We continue to fight."

"How?" Aurora's broken voice whispers, "I have lost them both Poe, Rey is gone and I don't know what to do anymore."

"You know," Poe replies, standing in front of her, gently tucking some hair behind her ear, "Your the badass Aurora Solo, they believe in you and so does everyone else, I believe in you."

"How do you do it?" Aurora asks, "Defeat an empire with almost nothing?"

"We have each other."

Poe, Aurora and Ben looked over at Lando as he smiled softly at Ben before walking past him, wrapping Aurora into a hug.

"How do we do this now that mum is gone?"

Lando gently held her Aurora close as he looked over at Ben, "She is not gone. She lives on in you, in me and in everyone that knew who she was and what she stood for." He gently pulled back from Aurora, cupping her face, "You look like your mother, she always said that you two were both like Han but you are more your mother than you realise."

"How can I carry on, I don't know how to be a General? Without her or dad, I feel like I have suddenly lost everything I have known, two people who have been there by my side through everything," Aurora says, Poe places his hand on her lower back, his other hand wrapping around hers as he stands to her side.